Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance of parole/adjustment of status

Hi there,

I'm thinking about to apply for I-131 (adjustment of status - marriage based, filing currently with I-130). But, on the instruction of the FORM I-131, on item 3, a, (1) (copy bellow) they say you have to have reason to apply even if you are appling for AOS. Although, on item 3, c, they say you can attach an explanation OR the proof of AOS. Do we have to attach a letter to explain it (urgent humanitarian rasons, OR significant public benefit, OR personal or family urgence, like they say on item 3,a,(1), or not? Please help me.

3. Advance Parole Document for Individuals Who Are Currently in the United States
    If any of the items listed under Item a. below apply to you, select Item Number 1.d. in Part 2. of the form.
    a. If you are in the United States and seek an Advance Parole Document, you may apply if:
    (1) You have a pending application to adjust status, Form I-485, and you seek to travel abroad temporarily
    for ?urgent humanitarian reasons? or in furtherance of a ?significant public benefit,? which may include a
    personal or family emergency or bona fide business reasons.

Originally posted by Anita1000 View Post
    But, on the instruction of the FORM I-131, on item 3, a, (1) (copy bellow) they say you have to have reason to apply even if you are appling for AOS.
    No they don't. That paragraph does not say anything about what you have to provide for the application.

Although, on item 3, c, they say you can attach an explanation OR the proof of AOS. Do we have to attach a letter to explain it (urgent humanitarian rasons, OR significant public benefit, OR personal or family urgence, like they say on item 3,a,(1), or not? Please help me.
    No. You are an AOS applicant. You do not need to provide any reason.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      No they don't. That paragraph does not say anything about what you have to provide for the application.

No. You are an AOS applicant. You do not need to provide any reason.
      Hi there, thank you for answering me.

Anyway, I've just copy and paste what is written at the instructions of the Form I-131, take a look please. They say that if you are adjusting your status, you may apply IF the trip os for urgent humanitarian reasons or in furtherance of a significant public benefit, which may include a personal or family emergency or bona fide business reasons. Am I wrong?

3. Advance Parole Document for Individuals Who Are Currently in the United States

If any of the items listed under Item a. below apply to you, select Item Number 1.d. in Part 2. of the form.

a. If you are in the United States and seek an Advance Parole Document, you may apply if:

(1) You have a pending application to adjust status, Form I-485, and you seek to travel abroad temporarily
      for ?urgent humanitarian reasons? or in furtherance of a ?significant public benefit,? which may include a

Comment

Hi there, thank you for answering me.

Anyway, I've just copy and paste what is written at the instructions of the Form I-131, take a look please. They say that if you are adjusting your status, you may apply IF the trip os for urgent humanitarian reasons or in furtherance of a significant public benefit, which may include a personal or family emergency or bona fide business reasons. Am I wrong?

It says that (though in practice they consider AOS applicants being able to travel, even for vacation or just to eat tacos across the border, itself a sufficient humanitarian reason), but that doesn't change the fact that the form doesn't require AOS applicants to provide any reason or explanation.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X