September filer - Approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September filer - Approved

My husband and kid have finally been approved after 190 months! Tks God and Tks uscis!
    But on my case they are asking RFE. After 6 months, I will now send the documents they will ask.
    My questions are:
    How long does the RFE letter take to be mailed to me?
    How long does uscis take to send me a response about the approval? Many more months again? OH MY GOD

190 DAYS, I meant...lol

Originally posted by Louisie View Post
    My husband and kid have finally been approved after 190 months! Tks God and Tks uscis!
    But on my case they are asking RFE. After 6 months, I will now send the documents they will ask.
    My questions are:
    How long does uscis take to send me a response about the approval? Many more months again? OH MY GOD

Comment

But in my case, they are asking RFE. After 6 months, I will now send the documents they will ask.
      My questions are:
      How long does USCIS take to send me a response to the approval? Many more months again? OH MY GOD
      Hello!

I also filed in September (9/14/2017)! and I'm still waiting...
      Vermont Service Center is who is processing my case.

I'm somewhat in a similar position as you
      I got an RFE after 5 months (needed to verify my identity/name change due to marriage)
      So to answer your first question, I got the email notification about the RFE on 2/1/2018 and I got it in the mail about 2 weeks after that.

I responded to the RFE on 3/14/2018
      USCIS received my response on 3/27/2018
      and as of today (4/5/42018), they have updated my name on my case.

All I can do now is wait, just hope it doesn't take another 3-5 months to get an approval.

Now to answer your second question, I'm not sure how long it takes for USCIS to approve after they receive the RFE response.
      I called USCIS and someone told me that your timeline resets after getting an RFE, meaning that your back to day 1.
      Online per Vermont Service Center the processing time for i765 pending Adjustment of Status c9 it takes about 3-5 months for approval.
      So lets pray it doesn't really take that long, because I just about lost my mind.
      Good luck to you!
      Last edited by itzelcg; 04-05-2018, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Thinking positively!

I remember that someone here on the forum said that after responding to RFE, got the approval in 2 or 3 weeks.
        What makes sense to me: if a person receives a RFE 2 months after filing, it is going to take 3, maybe 4 more months to receive the card (a total processing time of 5, 6 months).
        But if they sent a RFE 6 months after filing, it moves faster (i think - to be positive here). Because if they would take 5 months more, our GC will arrive before the EAD...

Originally posted by itzelcg View Post
        Hello!

I also filed in September (9/14/2017)! and I'm still waiting...
        Vermont Service Center is who is processing my case.

I'm somewhat in a similar position as you
        I got an RFE after 5 months (needed to verify my identity/name change due to marriage)
        So to answer your first question, I got the email notification about the RFE on 2/1/2018 and I got it in the mail about 2 weeks after that.

I responded to the RFE on 3/14/2018
        USCIS received my response on 3/27/2018
        and as of today (4/5/42018), they have updated my name on my case.

All I can do now is wait, just hope it doesn't take another 3-5 months to get an approval.

Now to answer your second question, I'm not sure how long it takes for USCIS to approve after they receive the RFE response.
        I called USCIS and someone told me that your timeline resets after getting an RFE, meaning that your back to day 1.
        Online per Vermont Service Center the processing time for i765 pending Adjustment of Status c9 it takes about 3-5 months for approval.
        So lets pray it doesn't really take that long, because I just about lost my mind.
        Good luck to you!

Comment

I remember that someone here on the forum said that after responding to RFE, got the approval in 2 or 3 weeks.
          What makes sense to me: if a person receives a RFE 2 months after filing, it is going to take 3, maybe 4 more months to receive the card (a total processing time of 5, 6 months).
          But if they sent a RFE 6 months after filing, it moves faster (i think - to be positive here). Because if they would take 5 months more, our GC will arrive before the EAD...
          Yes I agree, someone on here did say they got their approval after 2 weeks, I'm hoping thats what happens to me soon.
          Thats just the answer that I got from USCIS when I called which to me didnt make sense because of what youre saying..
          I'm already passed the estimated processing time of 3-5 months. I'm on day 203 which is like 6 months already.
          I guess time will tell...

Comment

Just wanted to give you a quick update.
            4/8/2018 - Email notification saying..

April 7, 2018

We are producing your card and will mail it to you
            You do not need to do anything at this time
            We will mail your Green Card, employment authorization document (EAD), or combo card (EAD and advance parole) to the address you gave us. It may take up to 120 days to deliver your new card.

If your mailing address changes, update your address with us.

So it looks it took after they received my documents on 3/27/2018 it took them 12 days to approve, thank god. I hope you get good news soon!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X