So frustrated I could cry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So frustrated I could cry!

This is the first day since I got here in September that I have cried with frustration. I applied for AOS in October and have heard nothing since giving fingerprints in November. I applied for my EAD in December with a PD of 12/11. 119 days and still waiting. I made two SR's. Neither of which has been assigned. I called today and was basically told to shut up and wait. I contacted the ombusdman who responded that my case is within the current timescales posted (even though they weren't that long when I applied) and they are closing my case. They also said that pending employment offers are not enough of a reason to expedite.

I honestly don't know what more to do. I feel like whatever I do isn't accepted and I'm still stuck. Its so frustrating that some people's SR's are assigned whilst others aren't. That some people are helped by the Ombudsman in the same time frames and others aren't. That some people are having green card interviews within three months of applying for AOS and I'm still sat here unable to even get a job.

Oh and because I've waited for so long to get the EAD/AP I am now no longer able to attend one of my best friends weddings which is in a couple of weeks as its going to be too late to fly back. I'm devastated after being assured by immigration that it would be done in time.

I know I'm not the only one and there are those amongst us who have been waiting longer but I swear I'm losing my mind (is that reason enough to expedite do you think?? ��). It will pass but I needed to vent! Sorry guys.
    Last edited by Mellymoo; 04-09-2018, 04:37 PM.

I?m so sorry my love! I am getting rather frustrated myself. My lovely husband has been waiting for his EAD since December (although I think we are about 10 days behind you) as well. I know it?s unfair that some people get approved in almost no time and yet others have to wait what feels like a lifetime. I know nothing I say will help the fact that you can?t attend your friends wedding but we are all here for you because we?re going through the same thing. Hang in there!!! (My friend from the UK married an American, filed in March and all was said and done with a green card in her hand by December....hoping that we will also be done before 9 months!)

Comment

Stay positive!

Originally posted by Mellymoo View Post
      This is the first day since I got here in September that I have cried with frustration. I applied for AOS in October and have heard nothing since giving fingerprints in November. I applied for my EAD in December with a PD of 12/11. 119 days and still waiting. I made two SR's. Neither of which has been assigned. I called today and was basically told to shut up and wait. I contacted the ombusdman who responded that my case is within the current timescales posted (even though they weren't that long when I applied) and they are closing my case. They also said that pending employment offers are not enough of a reason to expedite.

I honestly don't know what more to do. I feel like whatever I do isn't accepted and I'm still stuck. It's so frustrating that some people's SR's are assigned whilst others aren't. That some people are helped by the Ombudsman in the same time frames and others aren't. That some people are having green card interviews within three months of applying for AOS and I'm still sat here unable to even get a job.

Oh and because I've waited for so long to get the EAD/AP I am now no longer able to attend one of my best friends weddings which is in a couple of weeks as its going to be too late to fly back. I'm devastated after being assured by immigration that it would be done in time.

I know I'm not the only one and there are those amongst us who have been waiting longer but I swear I'm losing my mind (is that reason enough to expedite do you think?? ��). It will pass but I needed to vent! Sorry guys.
      I'm really sorry that you're going through this and although I agree with @yerkatcam
      All we can tell you is to hang in there and stay positive (I know it's easier said than done)
      But there is hope! Here is my timeline

Applied from Phoenix, AZ
      Vermont Service Center is processing my case
      U Visa holder
      Filed: i765, i131, & i485
      PD: 9/14/2017

My i485 case has been sitting in "we received your case" status since 9/14/2017

Timeline for my EAD

9/14/2017 - Case received
      10/6/2017 - (23 days later) Notice date on i797c informing me of my up coming biometric appointment **Lawyer failed to notify me of this notice**
      10/25/2017 - (42 days later) Biometric appointment date **Missed appointment**
      12/1/2017 - (79 days later) Walked into Phoenix office and completed my biometrics
      12/8/2017 - (86 days later) 1st and only SR
      12/13/2017 (91 days later) SR assigned & received a response of "Case is under review please wait"
      2/1/2018 - (141 days later) RFE notification received (asking to verify identity and name change due to marriage)
      3/16/2018 - (181 days later) Responded to RFE: I mailed, a copy of passport, drivers license, marriage certificate & divorce
      3/27/2018 - (195 days later) Email notification saying: We received your response to our RFE for your Form I-765, Our VSC office is working on your case again.
      4/7/2018 - (206 days later) Email notification saying: We ordered your new card for Receipt Number EACxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us.

So yes it did take them 206 days for them to start producing a new card, it could have taken less time but I had to wait in order to respond to the RFE and also missing my biometirc appointment just dalyed things too..
      But there is hope, I hope that you hear soon and good luck!!

Comment

Thank you both. I feel better having vented; I also went to a friend and had an afternoon glass of wine! 😂😂

I'm in Las Vegas and originally from the UK; 9 months would be great although honestly. If I can just get my EAD I will be happy. I'm gutted about my friends wedding but there's nothing i can do to hurry them on. I just feel like I'm missing out on so much having given up everything to be here. Thank goodness for my lovely husband cos this process would be so much harder without him.

My case is stuck at NBC (MSC). From what I can tell they're incredibly back up. Vegas office is taking 12-18 months for green card and has a date of sometime back in 2016 before you can enquire. That's way back from where it was before they changed the format. It was April 2017 until then.

Ah well. Settling back in for a wait!

Thank you again for your support.

Comment

Thank you both. I feel better having vented; I also went to a friend and had an afternoon glass of wine! 😂😂

I'm in Las Vegas and originally from the UK; 9 months would be great although honestly. If I can just get my EAD I will be happy. I'm gutted about my friends wedding but there's nothing i can do to hurry them on. I just feel like I'm missing out on so much having given up everything to be here. Thank goodness for my lovely husband cos this process would be so much harder without him.

My case is stuck at NBC (MSC). From what I can tell they're incredibly back up. Vegas office is taking 12-18 months for green card and has a date of sometime back in 2016 before you can enquire. That's way back from where it was before they changed the format. It was April 2017 until then.

Ah well. Settling back in for a wait!

Thank you again for your support.
          Ugh, I know what you mean I havent worked for months now because my old permit expired. I feel the same missing out on a lot of things not being able to fly.
          Im really sorry to hear about your friends wedding but keep your head up and keep us updated!

Comment

Originally posted by itzelcg View Post
            Ugh, I know what you mean I havent worked for months now because my old permit expired. I feel the same missing out on a lot of things not being able to fly.
            Im really sorry to hear about your friends wedding but keep your head up and keep us updated!
            I will do. Hope your situation gets sorted soon too. Thank you!

Comment

may be keep calling and speak with tier2 officers? I read that would help.. I'm trying too..

Comment

Not sure if it offers any comfort, but I'm in the same boat too. December filer, thought I could chase at around 100 days, but now the times have changed that isn't an option. So I'm just waiting. I'm desperate to get back to the UK to see family and bring back some of my things (I arrived in June with a small suitcase full of summer clothes for a brief holiday!).

I find myself reading other newer threads and get disheartened seeing people get interviews. Should really stop doing that - it doesn't help.

We'll get there soon. Right? Right.

Comment

We just got our EAD approval notification online after 144 days. We were at the NBC and online it shows that is the normal processing time
                  11/20/17 - PD - Marriage Based AOS
                  12/10/17 - Walk in Biometrics
                  4/10/18 - EAD & AP Approved
                  4/18/18 - Interview ready to be scheduled
                  4/19/18 - Combo Card in hand
                  10/22/18 - Interview has been scheduled
                  11/26/18 - Interview Completed
                  12/6/18 - GC in hand

Comment

Originally posted by yeahbuddy View Post
                    Not sure if it offers any comfort, but I'm in the same boat too. December filer, thought I could chase at around 100 days, but now the times have changed that isn't an option. So I'm just waiting. I'm desperate to get back to the UK to see family and bring back some of my things (I arrived in June with a small suitcase full of summer clothes for a brief holiday!).

I find myself reading other newer threads and get disheartened seeing people get interviews. Should really stop doing that - it doesn't help.

We'll get there soon. Right? Right.
                    We'll get there at some point! Lol. I had my clothes and other personal things sent over in boxes with Parcel monkey. Price depends on size and weight. But if you do that I advise the use of double walled boxes and lots of protection. Some of boxes arrived fine. Others looked like they'd been in a hurricane.

Thank you to the others for your advice too. 144 days? Goodness. That's a wait! Fingers crossed it wont be that long.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoVB View Post
                      We just got our EAD approval notification online after 144 days. We were at the NBC and online it shows that is the normal processing time
                      This is promising!! Thanks for updating us on this!
                      Looks like my hubs and I are in for another month or so to wait (we are at 109 days right now) and also at the National Benefits Center. I have seriously never counted anything in days before this process haha.

Do you mind letting us know your original receipt date? Our was Dec 22nd 2017.

Comment

Here the same! PD 12/15, from Vegas, EAD(c9) waiting for NBC(MSC). No changes, after fingerprints.

Trying to improve my english and my resume to get a good job.

Good Luck for us!

We'll get there at some point! Lol. I had my clothes and other personal things sent over in boxes with Parcel monkey. Price depends on size and weight. But if you do that I advise the use of double walled boxes and lots of protection. Some of boxes arrived fine. Others looked like they'd been in a hurricane.

Thank you to the others for your advice too. 144 days? Goodness. That's a wait! Fingers crossed it wont be that long.

Comment

Originally posted by stimpy View Post
                          Here the same! PD 12/15, from Vegas, EAD(c9) waiting for NBC(MSC). No changes, after fingerprints.

Trying to improve my english and my resume to get a good job.

Good Luck for us!
                          Good luck. I'm in vegas too and a native English speaker. If you want someone to have conversations with to practice then let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by yerkatcam View Post
                            This is promising!! Thanks for updating us on this!
                            Looks like my hubs and I are in for another month or so to wait (we are at 109 days right now) and also at the National Benefits Center. I have seriously never counted anything in days before this process haha.

Do you mind letting us know your original receipt date? Our was Dec 22nd 2017.
                            PD 11/17/17
                            Biometrics completed 12/10/17
                            Case approved 4/10/18
                            11/20/17 - PD - Marriage Based AOS
                            12/10/17 - Walk in Biometrics
                            4/10/18 - EAD & AP Approved
                            4/18/18 - Interview ready to be scheduled
                            4/19/18 - Combo Card in hand
                            10/22/18 - Interview has been scheduled
                            11/26/18 - Interview Completed
                            12/6/18 - GC in hand

Comment

Originally posted by simplehuman View Post
                              may be keep calling and speak with tier2 officers? I read that would help.. I'm trying too..
                              got my ead approved.. i called tier2 almost everyday dec20 applicant

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X