Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stem EAD notice approval received but didn't receive EAD card

Hi all,

Stem OPT starts from Feb 08 2018, recieved I-797 stem approval notice on March 22nd 2018, but did not recieve card.

On USCIS website case status shows as

"On March 22, 2018, we mailed your new card for your Form I-765,Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number YSC **** ***, to the address you gave us.
    If you do not receive your card by April 6, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address".

I went to USPS local office and asked multiple times if they can see any card on my name but they told they didnot see anything.

It has been 70 days now since my STEM OPT has started. Any suggestions can i request a new card now? Request you to please suggest how should i proceed.?

Thanks and regards
    IND4141

Hi all

I raised a service request on April 19th, 18 for a replacement card.Any idea how many days it will take to receive card now? The status of SR is yet in pending ????

Comment

Same here

Hi there,

I have similar situation that my card was mailed out on Apr 13th, 2018 but maybe it was not actually mailed out. A service request has been created on 24th but it has not been assigned to any officer yet.

I need to start to work on May 7th, have no idea what to do at this point after the extremely long wait for the EAD.

Nora

Comment

Hey !

I had the same problem and I called USCIS and they said that my card was returned back to USCIS by USPS for some reason. I asked them to send it back to me but they said it would take three months and they never sent it even after that.
        That's when I submitted a form on the Ombudsman's office website and they responded back within two days and I got my card the very next day after they said they contacted the USCIS.
        Here is the link :
        The Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CIS Ombudsman) assists individuals and employers in resolving difficulties they are experiencing with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You can submit DHS Form 7001 online below to request our help.

Originally posted by Ind4141 View Post
        Hi all,

Stem OPT starts from Feb 08 2018, recieved I-797 stem approval notice on March 22nd 2018, but did not recieve card.

On USCIS website case status shows as

"On March 22, 2018, we mailed your new card for your Form I-765,Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number YSC **** ***, to the address you gave us.
        If you do not receive your card by April 6, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address".

I went to USPS local office and asked multiple times if they can see any card on my name but they told they didnot see anything.

It has been 70 days now since my STEM OPT has started. Any suggestions can i request a new card now? Request you to please suggest how should i proceed.?

Thanks and regards
        IND4141

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X