Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EAD Renewal - Expedited through Congressman (Timeline)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD Renewal - Expedited through Congressman (Timeline)

Hello everyone,

This forum has been extremely helpful in my journey, so I will share my timeline. Hopefully, someone will find conciliation in reading that contacting Congressman with the request to help expedite EAD renewal really works.

I applied for the marriage-based card renewal. My previous card was issued based on the post-completion OPT. Filed in Fairfax, VA.

1/22/18 - mailed the package
    1/25/17 - received by USCIS
    2/21/18 - biometrics taken
    4/25/18 - 90 days since the application was received, and my previous card was about to expire in a week - we called USCIS and asked to expedite processing based on the financial loss and emergency situation (many activities and people at my work depended on me). They told us to wait for mail with further instructions (which we received a week later, and it was saying that they needed further documentation - so "timely" and "helpful").
    4/26/18 - we thought that we wouldn't wait for the mail response from USICS (which was the best decision!) and contacted Congressman. His office was super helpful, and in a couple of days his representative gathered and submitted documents on my behalf. They asked my employer for letters saying how important it is for my form to be expedited.
    5/03/18 - card in production
    5/07/18 - card mailed
    5/11/18 - card received!!! such a relief after three weeks of constant stress.

I was told many times that contacting Congressman won't work and that I shouldn't even try. This, however, proved wrong, so definitely try asking help from your Congressman.

Now I am waiting for my green card interview...Who knows when it will happen.

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats on receiving your EAD!! I was wondering if you received your combo card EAD/AP (Work and travel permit) or just your work permit? I just submitted an expedite request and I?m thinking on contacting my congressman. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by tgb1215 View Post
      Hello everyone,

This forum has been extremely helpful in my journey, so I will share my timeline. Hopefully, someone will find conciliation in reading that contacting Congressman with the request to help expedite EAD renewal really works.

I applied for the marriage-based card renewal. My previous card was issued based on the post-completion OPT. Filed in Fairfax, VA.

4/25/18 - 90 days since the application was received, and my previous card was about to expire in a week - we called USCIS and asked to expedite processing based on the financial loss and emergency situation (many activities and people at my work depended on me). They told us to wait for mail with further instructions (which we received a week later, and it was saying that they needed further documentation - so "timely" and "helpful").
      4/26/18 - we thought that we wouldn't wait for the mail response from USICS (which was the best decision!) and contacted Congressman. His office was super helpful, and in a couple of days his representative gathered and submitted documents on my behalf. They asked my employer for letters saying how important it is for my form to be expedited.
      5/07/18 - card mailed

I was told many times that contacting Congressman won't work and that I shouldn't even try. This, however, proved wrong, so definitely try asking help from your Congressman.

Good luck to everyone!
      congrats! is your congressman Don Beyer as well?
      his office was quite helpful for my EAD app.
      This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
      122017 - PD
      012518 - Biometrics
      033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
      062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
      082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
      090418 - 2nd we scheduled
      091018 - first interview canceled
      092118 - Request to reschedule int
      102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
      030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand
      040219 - We canceled your int
      040519 - Int sched
      051419 - Interview
      053119 - approved

Comment

Originally posted by tgb1215 View Post
        Hello everyone,

5/07/18 - card mailed

Good luck to everyone!
        Is your previous card from your OPT? I remember reading somewhere that, if your previous card was not based on marriage AOS, then the new EAD is considered a new card, not a renewal of EAD.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X