Travelling outside the US with Advanced Parole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling outside the US with Advanced Parole

Hi everyone! I have a question regarding advanced paroles. I want to travel back to my home country, Romania, for my sister's wedding. But I'm afraid of traveling without a green card, just with AP.
    I got married last year in February with a US citizen and I applied for a green card in June 2017. I got my work permit and advanced parole in October. Still waiting for my interview.
    I came with a visa but overstayed 2 years. Is there a big risk when coming back to the US?
    Did anyone have a similar situation?
    Please help. I really want to be there for my sister's wedding.

No issue

You are able to travel using your AP ? thats why its granted. ur previous infractions dont matter when you have AP and a pending I-485. Just be aware that your interview date may come up while youre away. Ive traveled several times on my AP and Ive had 3 APs because my application took years to be approved.

Comment

I just came back from travelling with Advance Parole, everything good. On the Immigration they checked the card and told me that they need to send me to the Secondary room just to check the paperwork. Once they checked they just Stamped my passport with the Advance Parole.

The Office wrote in My B2 visa that it was CWOP (Cancelled Without Prejudice), but i think once you ask for AOS your Tourist Visa in cancelled.

All the process take 10 min because they had some people on secondary room entering with tourist visas.

Comment

Hello! How long time was your trip outside USA ? I want to go my home for 35 days

Comment

Expedite advance perole

hello everyone, has anyone expedite the travel authorization or ask for an advance per ole? my sisters wedding is in october 20 in mexico city and i need t be there, y process for the travel authorization start june 1 and im scared im not gonna get the permit on time, anyone with a similar case?
          '

Comment

Travel with EAD/AP

Hello to all, I just recently obtained my combo card and am seriously considering travelling overseas with it for medical purposes, seeing that some of the posts here have been quite a while, is there anyone who can share a recent experience travelling overseas and returning to the US with your combo EAD/AP card? Would particularly love to hear from those flying out and in the West Coast, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, but other ports of entry will also be appreciated. Cheers. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
              Hello to all, I just recently obtained my combo card and am seriously considering travelling overseas with it for medical purposes, seeing that some of the posts here have been quite a while, is there anyone who can share a recent experience travelling overseas and returning to the US with your combo EAD/AP card? Would particularly love to hear from those flying out and in the West Coast, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, but other ports of entry will also be appreciated. Cheers. :-)
              Same here. I want to travel back to my home country after years of overstaying.
              I?ll be doing SFO if I plan on traveling.
              B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
              FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
              4/20/18 Received 4 letters
              5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
              5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
              9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
              9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
              9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
              9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
              9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
              2/17/19 Traveled abroad
              3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
              3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
                Same here. I want to travel back to my home country after years of overstaying.
                I?ll be doing SFO if I plan on traveling.
                Thanks for posting a reply, I see you have a "card being produced" status on your EAD, expect it to come in about 2 weeks, I had that status on August 22nd and card was in the mail September 7th.
                Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
                  Thanks for posting a reply, I see you have a "card being produced" status on your EAD, expect it to come in about 2 weeks, I had that status on August 22nd and card was in the mail September 7th.
                  Good luck!
                  Wow thanks and congrats to you!
                  Planning on traveling soon? Are you adjusting through marriage? Work?
                  Also, you should post your timeline as your signature so
                  people can see it.
                  B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
                  FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                  4/20/18 Received 4 letters
                  5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
                  5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
                  9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
                  9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
                  9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
                  9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                  9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
                  2/17/19 Traveled abroad
                  3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
                  3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

Just returned from a trip

Me and my husband just returned from Mexico vacation. And because I asked for advise and was so worried about travel on AP, I would like to share our experience.
                    We haven?t any problem at all. We fly from Minneapolis to Cancun and back direct flight. On the way back it takes about 20 min to officer to complete paperwork and stamp my husbands passport and allowed the entry. He wright AP experation date over the stamp and AP card number in passport. He was very nice and we feel very comfortable.
                    He also asked for I-131 form approval notice and we gave it to him. Thanks for forums advice I read prior.
                    Overall good experience and we are planning new trip in March 2019.
                    Marriage based AOS, B2, i485, i130, i131 and i765, no lawyer
                    Local office Minneapolis
                    April 21 - Mailed to Chicago
                    April 27 - Check cashed - PD
                    April 30 - Received 4 emails from USCIS with receipt numbers
                    May 5 - Received 4 NOA-1
                    May 11 - Biometrics scheduled for 5/23/18
                    May 23 - Biometrics completed
                    May 23 - Courtesy Letter Biometrics
                    July 20 - USCIS Rep level 1 said background check completed

Comment

I used my Advanced Parole for the first time to enter the US at Fort Lauderdale airport on Saturday and it was a really good experience. I got to the counter and gave the lady my passport and combo card. She asked me where I had been on the trip (it was back to my home country for a week), and then asked me to give one set of right hand fingerprints and have a photo taken. She then took me to the secondary processing room (which I was expecting). There was one other person waiting in the room. I sat down for about three minutes before they called my name, gave me my stamped passport back and wished me a good day. No further questions or anything. It was super quick and pain free - I was walking out of the airport with my luggage 20 minutes after landing!

I also had no problems checking into my flight or boarding. I had read online that sometimes they don't know what Advanced Parole is or don't want to let you board. I gave them my combo card and they had no issues at all.
                      Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing - Oakland Park, FL

04/18/18: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
                      04/23/18: Priority Date
                      04/27/18: 4x I-797 NOA received
                      05/04/18: Biometrics notice received
                      05/15/18: Courtesy letter for I-693
                      05/22/18: Biometrics completed
                      05/29/18: Case Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview
                      09/25/18: I-765 New Card being produced (via Case Tracker)
                      09/26/18: I-765 and I-131 approved (via uscis.dhs.gov)
                      10/01/18: Combo card in hand
                      06/05/19: Interview scheduled

Comment

AOS c(9) Seattle, WA

Sharing with the group my recent experience travelling on AP combo card. It went really well.
                        I had to travel to a 3rd country (Canada) to catch the fastest travel time between the US and my home country. The other plan being that on my return my spouse (who didn't travel with me) would be able accompany me in crossing the US border to Seattle.
                        At the first immigration check we were asked why we were in Canada and naturally we answered because my spouse came to fetch me from the airport. We were also asked why I didn't fly straight to a US airport, and we replied because there was a family dinner to be attended in the border town of Blaine after my arrival. Immigration Officer acknowledged he received my AP card and informed me that all inbound travellers on an AP need to be cleared in a second inspection station and promptly directed us to the next station. At the second station, my spouse and I were asked about my AOS situation, and we declared that the AOS is due to our marriage, I was asked about why I travelled back to my home country, and I replied it was a short trip to get dental works done, the IO briefly said something about the US having the best treatment facilities on dental matters, I just calmly replied that the dentist I went to see has been my dentist for half of my life, then IO proceeded to remind me about the rules of using the AP card, and how it is very important to travel with it at all times when crossing the US border, I signaled my understanding, then IO asked me to look into the camera, had me put four fingers and thumb of each hand for scanning, then he proceeded to stamp my passport with the parole entry, the date is valid for 1 year from the date of entry, the IO also stapled another sheet of paper (Departure Record) into the stamped passport page with my name, birthday and country of citizenship information in it.

At the back of this Departure Record are the following printed information:
                        Warning: A nonimmigrant who accepts unauthorized employment is subject to deportation.
                        Important: Retain this permit in your possession : you must surrender it when you leave the US. Failure to do so may delay your entry into the US in the future. You are authorized to stay in the US only until the date written on this form. To remain past this date, without permission from the Department of Homeland Security authorities , is a violation of the law.
                        Surrender this permit when you leave the US:
                        - by sea or by air to the transportation line
                        - across the Canadian border, to a Canadian official
                        - across the Mexican border, to a US official
                        Students planning to reenter the US within 30 days to return to the same school, see "Arrival-Departure" on page 2 of Form I-20 prior to surrendering this permit.

PD: March 22, 2018
                        RD: April 06, 2018
                        Biometrics: April 27, 2018
                        RFE Received: June 11, 2018
                        RFE Resolved: June 22, 2018
                        EAD Approved: August 22, 2018
                        SS Card Received: August 29, 2018
                        EAP/AP Combo Card Received: September 28, 2018
                        Still awaiting schedule for interview as of July 9, 2018

Comment

I just came back from my trip to Costa Rica, 17 days. I didn't have any problem at CR airport as they scan the card as it was a green card. On the fortlauderdale airport I couldn't use the machines so the lady told me to go straight forwards with the officer. He just asked me if i haven't received the GC yet and then walked with me thru the secondary inspection room where I just spent 3 minutes till they stamp my passport with a Parole! Everybody were really friendly and respectful! Very nice experience using my Advance Parole
                          Concurrent I-131, I-485(I-693), I-765 *no lawyer* by Cuban Adjustment Act (CAA)
                          3/26/18 From Miami
                          4/1/18 Received
                          4/09/18 Credit Card Charged
                          4/10/18 NoAs text & email
                          4/14/28 NoAs mail I-797C
                          4/27/18 Biometrics for 5/8/18
                          4/30/18 Early walk-in for Biometrics
                          5/1/18 Fingerprints received (by Level 2) I485 status never changed from "finger fee received"
                          9/12/18 Case Approved I765 & I131
                          9/19/18 Combo Card in hand
                          9/22/18 SSN in hand
                          1/15/19 Case Approved I485 (Interview waived)

Comment

My husband has entered several times on his AP. Went to his home country twice, and coming back from our honeymoon in Europe (which he can travel visa free to). We've entered through Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and New York. As expected, they pull him into the room each time, ask him purpose of travel, and stamp his passport with no problem. We waited the longest in New York, but it was because there were people in front of him and the agents were slow.
                            Adjustment of Status c(9) 400 days
                            Married: 8/18/17
                            Package Sent: 10/16/17 ~~ Received (PD): 10/19/17
                            I-485 Status - "Biometrics Fee Received": 10/28/17
                            Biometric Appointment (11/16/17) Received: 11/3/17 Done: 11/9/17
                            EAD/AP Approved: 1/4/18 (Day 77) Notices & Card Received: 1/11/18
                            EAD/AP Renewal Received: 10/4/18
                            Interview Notice & EAD/AP Renewal Receipts Received: 10/9/18 (Day 355)
                            Interview date: 11/13/18 ~ New Card Being Produced (Day 390)
                            Card in hand! 11/23/18 (Day 400)

Comment

Originally posted by ppsmp2002 View Post
                              I just came back from my trip to Costa Rica, 17 days. I didn't have any problem at CR airport as they scan the card as it was a green card. On the fortlauderdale airport I couldn't use the machines so the lady told me to go straight forwards with the officer. He just asked me if i haven't received the GC yet and then walked with me thru the secondary inspection room where I just spent 3 minutes till they stamp my passport with a Parole! Everybody were really friendly and respectful! Very nice experience using my Advance Parole
                              I am glad to hear everything went well. QQ. Did you travel with your Costa Rican passport or your Cuban passport? I might travel with my AP, but don't know if I should use my Cuban passport(the one on all applications, but about to expire) or my Canadian passport?

Thanks!!! Welcome back!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X