Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration status, Alien Registration Number and Class of admission

Hello,
    I am living and working in US. In May 2017, I got helped to concurrently file i-140 (for EB2-NIW) and i-485 (still pending). Also, i-131 and i-765 were filed. I was granted EAD + Advanced Parole in August 2017. My L1 expired in January 2018. So I have no valid visa anymore.
    I am now filing (on my own) i-765 and i-131 for extension. I have 3 questions:
    - (i-765 item 19) Given data above, what is my immigration status? I imagine I am c9 category (item 20).
    - (i-131 part 1 items 3 and 6) What are "Alien Registration Number" and "Class admission"?
    Thanks.
    ------------------------
    May 2017: Self i140 (EB2 NIW), self (concurrent), spouse and son i485, EAD and AP submitted to Texas Center.
    End of May 2017: Notice of Action regarding submission (pending status).
    End of August 2017: EAD/AP (C9) received.
    Mid January 2018: L1/2 visas expired.
    Mid July 2018: EAD/AP (C9) renewal submission.
    End July 2018: Notice of Action regarding renewal submission
    Early September 2018: Spouse and son renewed EAP/AP (C9) received.

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    Hello,
    I am living and working in US. In May 2017, I got helped to concurrently file i-140 (for EB2-NIW) and i-485 (still pending). Also, i-131 and i-765 were filed. I was granted EAD + Advanced Parole in August 2017. My L1 expired in January 2018. So I have no valid visa anymore.
    I am now filing (on my own) i-765 and i-131 for extension. I have 3 questions:
    - (i-765 item 19) Given data above, what is my immigration status? I imagine I am c9 category (item 20).
    - (i-131 part 1 items 3 and 6) What are "Alien Registration Number" and "Class admission"?
    Thanks.
    Your L1 status expired? Or just your visa expired?

Your A number can be found on your I-140 receipt and I-485 receipt.

Your class of admission is how you entered last time; L1 if you entered on an L1 visa; Parolee if you entered on AP.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Your L1 status expired? Or just your visa expired?

Your A number can be found on your I-140 receipt and I-485 receipt.

Your class of admission is how you entered last time; L1 if you entered on an L1 visa; Parolee if you entered on AP.
      Thank you. I found A number.

I guess my L1 status is expired as I completed the maximum of 7 years at the date the L1 visa (in passport) got expired. How would I know if the L1 status is indeed expired?
      Yes, my last entry was on L1 visa ... before it got expired. So, admission class L1?
      ------------------------
      May 2017: Self i140 (EB2 NIW), self (concurrent), spouse and son i485, EAD and AP submitted to Texas Center.

Comment

Thank you. I found A number.

I guess my L1 status is expired as I completed the maximum of 7 years at the date the L1 visa (in passport) got expired. How would I know if the L1 status is indeed expired?
        Yes, my last entry was on L1 visa ... before it got expired. So, admission class L1?
        What date were you admitted until on your last I-94 (either from entry or from an extension notice)? If it's past that, then you can put something like "L1 (out of status)". It doesn't really matter anyway as your EAD and AP don't depend on your status.

Comment

What date were you admitted until on your last I-94 (either from entry or from an extension notice)? If it's past that, then you can put something like "L1 (out of status)". It doesn't really matter anyway as your EAD and AP don't depend on your status.
          Thanks.
          I-94 "until date" is same as L1 visa expiration. For admission class on i-131, I just want it correct so that they do not reject the application altogether. As I understand it should be about the status I entered on (thus reference to I-94); nothing else ... correct?
          By the way, how do you justify the i-131 application for the not-yet-planned cases you have to travel in the future?
          ------------------------

Comment

Thanks.
            I-94 "until date" is same as L1 visa expiration. For admission class on i-131, I just want it correct so that they do not reject the application altogether. As I understand it should be about the status I entered on (thus reference to I-94); nothing else ... correct?
            correct

By the way, how do you justify the i-131 application for the not-yet-planned cases you have to travel in the future?
            You don't need to justify anything. You are not asked to provide a reason or justification when applying for an AOS-based AP.

Comment

correct

You don't need to justify anything. You are not asked to provide a reason or justification when applying for an AOS-based AP.
              Thanks for your help.
              ------------------------

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X