No announcement yet.

EAD card sent to wrong address over 4 months ago, still hasn't been redelivered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD card sent to wrong address over 4 months ago, still hasn't been redelivered

Hello fellow immigrants

I've had the most frustrating experience waiting for my EAD (I'm a Kiwi on an E3D visa):

October 19 2017: My application was received by USCIS.

January 19 2018: I moved to a new apartment, and updated my address via the USCIS website. Minutes later I received email confirmation that my address change had been successful.

March 15 2018: My EAD application was approved.

March?May 2018: USCIS sent my EAD to my old address; and it was returned to them. I didn't find this out until I called at the end of May (I had to wait for 60 days from the date of approval before submitting an inquiry). The woman I spoke to on the phone told me they still had my old address on file, and proceeded to update it for me.

June 6: I received an email telling me they will redeliver my card to my new address "as soon as possible". I then has to wait for 30 days of inaction before calling.

July 6: Still no card. I called USCIS again, they told me they will submit another enquiry.

July 19: I received another email telling me they will resend my card, and that I should wait 90?120 days.

It's now been over nine months since my application was received, and over four months since it was approved. I would have my card if it weren't for the error at USCIS's end ? so I'm obviously very frustrated!

My question to you: has anyone else experienced a similar situation? And am I really going to have to wait another 90?120 days to receive my EAD?

Originally posted by Wildflowers View Post
    Hello fellow immigrants

I've had the most frustrating experience waiting for my EAD (I'm a Kiwi on an E3D visa):

January 19 2018: I moved to a new apartment, and updated my address via the USCIS website. Minutes later I received email confirmation that my address change had been successful.

March?May 2018: USCIS sent my EAD to my old address; and it was returned to them. I didn't find this out until I called at the end of May (I had to wait for 60 days from the date of approval before submitting an inquiry). The woman I spoke to on the phone told me they still had my old address on file, and proceeded to update it for me.

June 6: I received an email telling me they will redeliver my card to my new address "as soon as possible". I then has to wait for 30 days of inaction before calling.

July 6: Still no card. I called USCIS again, they told me they will submit another enquiry.

July 19: I received another email telling me they will resend my card, and that I should wait 90?120 days.

It's now been over nine months since my application was received, and over four months since it was approved. I would have my card if it weren't for the error at USCIS's end ? so I'm obviously very frustrated!

My question to you: has anyone else experienced a similar situation? And am I really going to have to wait another 90?120 days to receive my EAD?
    Actually yes atleast one if not more people have experienced issues like this. please visit this thread and read what the OP did to fix the situation https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...y-found-my-EAD!!!
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by Wildflowers View Post
      Hello fellow immigrants

You have to raise hell and complain to anyone who will listen. Your senator, Office of the Inspector General, USCIS leadership and USPS customer affairs. Believe me that once you tell them you've reached out to senator, complained to the OIG and USCIS leadership, your EAD will **** *ally turn up.

Take names every time you talk to someone. USCIS chose USPS as their exclusive vendor. This is their responsibility. It's also a matter of national security. Your EAD/AP combo card is just floating around and could fall in the wrong hands. Someone could easily commit a crime and pin it on you by leaving the card behind.

Get on it. Raise hell.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X