Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to ask for resending EAD card if I have asked before USCIS receives the returned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to ask for resending EAD card if I have asked before USCIS receives the returned?

Hello everyone,

My EAD card was returned to USCIS by USPS because of "Unable to deliver item, problem with address".
    It's now still on the way back to USCIS.
    But I have submitted a case inquiry for "did not receive card by mail" and USCIS responded me this:

Our service records indicate that your EAD was recently mailed. This document has not been returned to us by the US Postal Service. Please contact the US Postal Service with the following tracking number to see if they can locate your card: xxxxxxxxxxx. If they are unable to locate your document, we must conclude that it has been lost in the mail.
    Therefore, you will need to file a Form I-765. You can download this form on our website www.uscis.gov. Please follow the instructions on the form. In the future, if you change your address, please contact the USCIS Contact Center at the number provided below.

I contaced USPS to locate the mail, the only information they knew is that it was on the way sending back to the sender. They don't know how long it will take.

I have some questions about my current situation and would like to ask for help if you had similar experience before:
    1. Can I know that the mail has been returned to USCIS from the USPS tracking system? (the status I am seeing now is: In Transit to Next Facilit, and it has been 10days)
    2. How long does it usually take to return the mail? (I am living in Indiana, it's sending back to Kansas.)
    3. Will USCIS resend my card after they get it? Or should I submit any request after they get it?

Thank you very much for the help. I truly appreciate it.

Originally posted by yunhann View Post

I have some questions about my current situation and would like to ask for help if you had similar experience before:
    1. Can I know that the mail has been returned to USCIS from the USPS tracking system? (the status I am seeing now is: In Transit to Next Facilit, and it has been 10days)
    2. How long does it usually take to return the mail? (I am living in Indiana, it's sending back to Kansas.)
    3. Will USCIS resend my card after they get it? Or should I submit any request after they get it?

USPS will say anything to get you off the phone. You need to raise hell. This has happened in the past. You need to start by complaining to the big wigs at USPS. Complain to USCIS, Office of the inspector general, get your Senator involved.

USCIS will not resend it. You need to intercept that mailing. Call and tell them to hold it. My issue with all of this is that USCIS chose USPS as its exclusive mail carrier. So ultimately, they're responsible. This happened to someone else in this forum. That person raised hell and **** *ally, the envelope was still in the mailperson's van.
    What is the issue with your address?
    Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 09-15-2018, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yunhann View Post
      Hello everyone,

My EAD card was returned to USCIS by USPS because of "Unable to deliver item, problem with address".
      It's now still on the way back to USCIS.
      But I have submitted a case inquiry for "did not receive card by mail" and USCIS responded me this:

Our service records indicate that your EAD was recently mailed. This document has not been returned to us by the US Postal Service. Please contact the US Postal Service with the following tracking number to see if they can locate your card: xxxxxxxxxxx. If they are unable to locate your document, we must conclude that it has been lost in the mail.
      Therefore, you will need to file a Form I-765. You can download this form on our website www.uscis.gov. Please follow the instructions on the form. In the future, if you change your address, please contact the USCIS Contact Center at the number provided below.

I contaced USPS to locate the mail, the only information they knew is that it was on the way sending back to the sender. They don't know how long it will take.

I'm really sorry this happened to you. Something similar happened to me. My card was out for delivery in the morning and at 12am I got this usps update: "delivery attempt - no access to delivery location. Additional info: We attempted to deliver your package at 4pm on july 9th 2018 but could not access the delivery location. We will redeliver on the next business day." No more updates.

I called usps and went to my local post office multiple times and all they did was pretending they looked for my package. I even opened an investigation with usps but it was already too late for me, so I ended up applying for a replacement card.

Did usps show you any proof that they returned your card to uscis?
      Since your case is more recent, you should keep asking about your card at your local post office, ask to talk to the postmaster, call the 800 usps number and open an investigation asap, and contact your senator for help. USPS keeps doing this to us and they have no idea what we get through during this process. I hope you can find your card.

Comment

I thought I would update you with my experience:

USPS returned my card to USCIS as they marked it undeliverable.
        - Apparently, this can be for a number of reasons but likely because my mailbox was full and did not have my name on it. I had received all previous correspondence from USCIS with no issue with mail.

I called USCIS and they said they can't submit an e-request (an e-request is what you need for them to send the EAD card back to you) until they officially have the card back at USCIS.

It took about 3-4 days for USPS to return the card (once the failed delivery), then another 2 or 3 days for USCIS to process the card through their returns system. Once an e-request was submitted it took about 2 days for the card to be sent back to me and in my hand. I also got a new tracking number.

Advice if your card is sent back to USCIS;

- Call USCIS when your card arrives at the USCIS facility (they may say its too early to process an e-request but I just called every day until I could submit the e-request through the agent).

- Submit an e-request ONLY via phone with an agent. DO NOT do an e-request online. Apparently this takes longer.

- They say the e-request can take 30 days to process but my e-request was processed likely within 1 day and I had my card back within 2 days of my e-request.

- I ended up staying home all day the day my EAD card was delivered as USPS couldn't tell me why my card was sent back. However, I also cleared out my mailbox and had clearly put my name on the mailbox just in case.

Comment

Hi everyone,
          i am facing the same situation, I already did a e-request online (saw this post late).I got my I797c at the same address so i don't think it is an address issue.

I had the following questions
          1. Can i make another e request through phone?
          2. I could'nt get past the automated response. What were the steps that you took for the USCIS to register through phone?
          3. Do we have to be physically present in order to receive the ead card?
          4. Should i change my mailing address ?
          5. I havent tried contacting USPS because i know its USPS
          6. Try contacting the local congressman?
          Thank you in advance

Comment

I thought I would update you with my experience:

USPS returned my card to USCIS as they marked it undeliverable.
            - Apparently, this can be for a number of reasons but likely because my mailbox was full and did not have my name on it. I had received all previous correspondence from USCIS with no issue with mail.

I called USCIS and they said they can't submit an e-request (an e-request is what you need for them to send the EAD card back to you) until they officially have the card back at USCIS.

It took about 3-4 days for USPS to return the card (once the failed delivery), then another 2 or 3 days for USCIS to process the card through their returns system. Once an e-request was submitted it took about 2 days for the card to be sent back to me and in my hand. I also got a new tracking number.

Advice if your card is sent back to USCIS;

- USPS is useless so you can try and submit an intercept, which is what I did and it still went back to USCIS

- Call USCIS when your card arrives at the USCIS facility (they may say its too early to process an e-request but I just called every day until I could submit the e-request through the agent).

- Submit an e-request ONLY via phone with an agent. DO NOT do an e-request online. Apparently this takes longer.

- They say the e-request can take 30 days to process but my e-request was processed likely within 1 day and I had my card back within 2 days of my e-request.

- I ended up staying home all day the day my EAD card was delivered as USPS couldn't tell me why my card was sent back. However, I also cleared out my mailbox and had clearly put my name on the mailbox just in case.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X