Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for AP after I485 application

Hi,

I am on an L1-B visa and my visa will be expiring in August 2019. I filed my I-485 about 18 months ago and got my I-797 notice 12 months back, and I am now waiting for my interview. I am worried that my green card process will take long, and I would like to apply for Advance Parole + EAD renewal as I do not have any travel plans in the next 4-5 months. However, when I read the instructions on I-131, under:

"3. Advance Parole Document for Individuals Who Are Currently in the United States",

the only clause I fall under is

"You have a pending application to adjust status, Form I-485, and you seek to travel abroad temporarily for 'urgent humanitarian reasons' or in furtherance of a 'significant public benefit,' which may include a personal or family emergency or bona fide business reasons."

Does this mean I can't apply for Advance Parole unless I give a reason that is a personal or family emergency? Do I need to add a cover letter mentioning the reason?

Thanks for all the help

Originally posted by sam1356 View Post
    Does this mean I can't apply for Advance Parole unless I give a reason that is a personal or family emergency? Do I need to add a cover letter mentioning the reason?
    Nope. You are not asked to provide any reason.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X