Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT (I-785) status

Hi all,

I applied for my work permit on 07/19/2018 and got i-797 confirmation. The USCIS website is stuck on the status " Case has been received" ever since 07/19/2018. I contacted my congressman and they sent a request on 11/13/2018 from their side and no status update from them as well. I tried expediting the case on 11/14/2018 and my request was rejected on the same day. The worst part is that I got a job offer and I cannot join it until my work permit is officially issued. I don't know how long the firm that offered me a job gonna wait on me. I am stressed out and praying every day, any suggestions or tips would be really appreciated.

Regards,
    Ravi.

Originally posted by Raviteja_Olemiss View Post
    Hi all,

I applied for my work permit on 07/19/2018 and got i-797 confirmation. The USCIS website is stuck on the status " Case has been received" ever since 07/19/2018. I contacted my congressman and they sent a request on 11/13/2018 from their side and no status update from them as well. I tried expediting the case on 11/14/2018 and my request was rejected on the same day. The worst part is that I got a job offer and I cannot join it until my work permit is officially issued. I don't know how long the firm that offered me a job gonna wait on me. I am stressed out and praying every day, any suggestions or tips would be really appreciated.

Regards,
    Ravi.
    You should try to expedite again on Financial hardship basis. Tell them you have a job offer and need the EAD. Send the offer letter as evidence. I have seen a lot of people getting their case expedite by having a job offer.
    My timeline below. Category:C9.

10/9 package sent
    10/11 package Recieved/ priority date
    10/17 Bio Fees accepted (notice from the App) checks were cashed
    10/22 received notices in the mail.
    11/01 Bio appt schedule notice received. 11/14
    11/9 I-693 Courtesy Letter received
    11/14 Bio Appt completed at the La Brea Los Angeles Office
    11/29 Fingerprints review was completed
    3/4 EAD card being produced
    3/9 EAD Card Recieved
    3/11 case is ready to be scheduled for interview