Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complaint/Appeal for Denied InfoPass Appointment for Emergency Advance Parole Travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaint/Appeal for Denied InfoPass Appointment for Emergency Advance Parole Travel

We are concurrently applying for I-130, I-485-, I-765, and I-131.
    My wife has an urgent need to go to her country as her grandfather may pass soon and his doctor advised she come immediately.
    Our office does not allow walk-in appointments for emergency advance parole so we called INFOPASS to schedule. They called us back and told us we must first buy a plane ticket and to have the doctor's note in hand before we could schedule an appointment. We told him it's unreasonable to buy a ticket when there is no guarantee of being approved. He finally relented and told us just to get a doctor's note and then to call back to make an appointment.

On the second time, we spoke with a rep who came on the phone and immediately told my wife she wasn't eligible for a travel document without even asking for details. I then spoke with the rep and she asked me for some additional details, claimed she spoke with a supervisor (she wasn't gone long and I could hear dogs barking behind her so I'm pretty sure she wasn't in an office and there was no supervisor) and that my wife isn't eligible to apply for an emergency travel document. I asked her under what guidelines she was not eligible and she said she just wasn't, no details. I had a recent copy of the guidelines in front of me and it seems my wife is absolutely eligible to at least apply and have an interview in the field office (I understand the final decision is made by the office whether to approve or deny). The rep then told me she was busy and had nothing else to say about the reason. She said my wife could fly without a document and try to re-enter. I told her that I'm sure CBP won't let her in knowing she is applying for change of status and she said she doesn't know how they make their decisions and I could call them if I wanted. I then told her (very politely, as I had been the whole time) that I was confused because we already spoke with a rep who said we could have an appointment. She told me he was wrong, was probably a lower rank and that she wouldn't give me any details. I then asked if I could appeal and she hung up on me.

What can we do?

Originally posted by SamesexNC View Post
    We are concurrently applying for I-130, I-485-, I-765, and I-131.
    My wife has an urgent need to go to her country as her grandfather may pass soon and his doctor advised she come immediately.
    Our office does not allow walk-in appointments for emergency advance parole so we called INFOPASS to schedule. They called us back and told us we must first buy a plane ticket and to have the doctor's note in hand before we could schedule an appointment. We told him it's unreasonable to buy a ticket when there is no guarantee of being approved. He finally relented and told us just to get a doctor's note and then to call back to make an appointment.

On the second time, we spoke with a rep who came on the phone and immediately told my wife she wasn't eligible for a travel document without even asking for details. I then spoke with the rep and she asked me for some additional details, claimed she spoke with a supervisor (she wasn't gone long and I could hear dogs barking behind her so I'm pretty sure she wasn't in an office and there was no supervisor) and that my wife isn't eligible to apply for an emergency travel document. I asked her under what guidelines she was not eligible and she said she just wasn't, no details. I had a recent copy of the guidelines in front of me and it seems my wife is absolutely eligible to at least apply and have an interview in the field office (I understand the final decision is made by the office whether to approve or deny). The rep then told me she was busy and had nothing else to say about the reason. She said my wife could fly without a document and try to re-enter. I told her that I'm sure CBP won't let her in knowing she is applying for change of status and she said she doesn't know how they make their decisions and I could call them if I wanted. I then told her (very politely, as I had been the whole time) that I was confused because we already spoke with a rep who said we could have an appointment. She told me he was wrong, was probably a lower rank and that she wouldn't give me any details. I then asked if I could appeal and she hung up on me.

What can we do?
    Step 1. Make sure you are calling the correct number cause you shouldn't have heard dogs in the background if it was, unless they're now allowing their employees to work from home. step 2. call back. Step 3. politely ask to speak to a level 2 or level 3 officer and re explain your situation. if you have the required information she is absolutely eligible for at-least an interview.
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Those reps are just a circus - quite honestly. They are all misinformed and probably getting paid $20+ per hour.

While it is recommended that you make an Infopass appointment, it is not a requirement. Peruse the contents of this link. https://www.uscis.govhttps://www.imm...ergency-travel

There are several different kinds of parole. If you are looking for a Travel document to be approved on the spot, then that would be Emergency Advance Parole. And you are requesting it for humanitarian reasons. You will need to fill out a I-131 form and pay a $575 fee. You need to bring a money order with you to pay for the fee.

I just noticed on the Infopass website the disclaimer for the Raleigh, NC website. You have to call to make an appointment. Just request to speak to a level 2 rep. Sadly, Level 1 reps are clueless.

Since your spouse's relative has not passed away, you may be able to expedite the I-131 application that you submitted with your AOS petition. I would call USCIS and request to expedite BOTH the I-765 & I-131. If they ask why both? You will say that it takes the same background checks to approve them, and that you want to get the combo card. They will provide you with 2 Referral IDs. Write them down. Ask them to please email you the letter requesting evidence. Otherwise, you will have to wait for the letter via mail. Make sure that you give the rep your email address and that it is an easy email address. When you spell it, give them examples for each letter. A as in APPLE, B as in BOY.

Finally, as soon as you get off the phone with USCIS, I would enlist the help of your US Senator(s), Congressperson and Ombudsman.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X