Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel with AP and Overstayed Visa

Hi,
    I have been living in USA for 16 years with an expired J1 visa. I just got my Advance Parole approved and I'd love to travel to my home country.
    I'm very scared of not making it back to the US as I have a family and small business.
    Please share your experience if you traveled outside the US with an expired visa while waiting for Green card. I don't have criminal records or removal.
    I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
    L.

Originally posted by Laura Santucho View Post
    Hi,
    I have been living in USA for 16 years with an expired J1 visa. I just got my Advance Parole approved and I'd love to travel to my home country.
    I'm very scared of not making it back to the US as I have a family and small business.
    Please share your experience if you traveled outside the US with an expired visa while waiting for Green card. I don't have criminal records or removal.
    I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
    L.
    YOu say you got your AP that is what you will need to enter the country. Your visa is no longer valid. when it comes on to AP most port of entry does not recognize this so they my give you trouble and refuse entry.
    My best guess is to try and search for port of entry close to the state where you live at. I have a friend who came back thro florida and they did not give any trouble so you may need to check that out
    May 02, 18 - File all forms together
    May 02, 18 - Finger print fees received
    May 06, 18 - I-765 Return for missing signature and was mail back out same day
    May 11, 18 - I-765 Received
    May 18, 18 - RFIE
    May 29, 18 - Both finger print done
    June 5, 18 - RFIE Received
    Sep 21, 18 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
    Sep 21, 18 - Interview Was Scheduled
    Oct 31, 18 - Interview complete
    Jan 18, 19 - EAD New Card Is Being Produced
    Jan 25, 19 - EAD Received in hand

Comment

Maybe the above poster’s info is outdated. Ports of entry do recognize APs, and few people have trouble entering with them.
      Adjustment of Status c(9) 400 days
      Married: 8/18/17
      Package Sent: 10/16/17 ~~ Received (PD): 10/19/17
      I-485 Status - "Biometrics Fee Received": 10/28/17
      Biometric Appointment (11/16/17) Received: 11/3/17 Done: 11/9/17
      EAD/AP Approved: 1/4/18 (Day 77) Notices & Card Received: 1/11/18
      EAD/AP Renewal Received: 10/4/18
      Interview Notice & EAD/AP Renewal Receipts Received: 10/9/18 (Day 355)
      Interview date: 11/13/18 ~ New Card Being Produced (Day 390)
      Card in hand! 11/23/18 (Day 400)

Comment

Originally posted by miiki View Post
        Maybe the above poster’s info is outdated. Ports of entry do recognize APs, and few people have trouble entering with them.
        Hi miiki, do you know the possible reasons that can get you in trouble when trying to enter back? I''m in a similar situation, overstayed visa for several years, but I wanted to travel because my mom got very sick. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by IssaCh View Post
          Hi miiki, do you know the possible reasons that can get you in trouble when trying to enter back? I''m in a similar situation, overstayed visa for several years, but I wanted to travel because my mom got very sick. Thank you
          Lying or omitting information on your application. New legal problems. New ties to terrorist groups. Possibly visiting unauthorized countries. If they pull your record, and They find something you didn’t disclose you could be in trouble. Your previous overstay should be accounted for and you AP was approved anyway.
          Adjustment of Status c(9) 400 days
          Married: 8/18/17
          Package Sent: 10/16/17 ~~ Received (PD): 10/19/17
          I-485 Status - "Biometrics Fee Received": 10/28/17
          Biometric Appointment (11/16/17) Received: 11/3/17 Done: 11/9/17
          EAD/AP Approved: 1/4/18 (Day 77) Notices & Card Received: 1/11/18
          EAD/AP Renewal Received: 10/4/18
          Interview Notice & EAD/AP Renewal Receipts Received: 10/9/18 (Day 355)
          Interview date: 11/13/18 ~ New Card Being Produced (Day 390)
          Card in hand! 11/23/18 (Day 400)

Comment

My wife was here for 24 years before she got her AP. All that is forgiven when you get your advanced parole. I assume you married a US citizen and are adjusting status.
            Originally posted by IssaCh View Post
            4-18-18 PD
            4-29-18 Finger Print fee was received
            9-26-18 I-765 and I-131 Approved
            10-02-18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (sent to Lawyer) Day 167
            10-03-18 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Day 168
            10-05-18 your case has been scheduled for a interview. Day 170
            11-13-18 Interview
            11-13-18 New card being produced
            11-15-18 I130 and I485 Approved
            11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

I used the AP after overstaying. I had a 16 day trip. Came back to FLL airport. 0 problems. The only thing is they will send you to the secondary inspection to check the information. good luck
              Concurrent I-131, I-485(I-693), I-765 *no lawyer* by Cuban Adjustment Act (CAA)
              3/26/18 From Miami
              4/1/18 Received
              4/09/18 Credit Card Charged
              4/10/18 NoAs text & email
              4/14/28 NoAs mail I-797C
              4/27/18 Biometrics for 5/8/18
              4/30/18 Early walk-in for Biometrics
              5/1/18 Fingerprints received (by Level 2) I485 status never changed from "finger fee received"
              9/12/18 Case Approved I765 & I131
              9/19/18 Combo Card in hand
              9/22/18 SSN in hand
              1/15/19 Case Approved I485 (Interview waived)

Comment

Originally posted by miiki View Post
                Lying or omitting information on your application. New legal problems. New ties to terrorist groups. Possibly visiting unauthorized countries. If they pull your record, and They find something you didnÂ’t disclose you could be in trouble. Your previous overstay should be accounted for and you AP was approved anyway.
                thank you Miiki, nothing about that, i do not have any records, I'm just afraid of my overstayed visa, I heard something about a 3 10 year ban and I am not sure if it's something that would affect me

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X