Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD/AP renewal period

Hello everyone,

In late February/beginning of March 2018 I applied for a Family-based Green card (sent I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131). About 5 months after that I received my EAD/AP combo card (valid until July 2019).

My case is still "ready to be scheduled for an interview", and to avoid going over the expiration date, I would like to renew both my EAD and AP... but USCIS wants EAD to be renewed no earlier than 180 days before... and AP 120 days... So what should I do? Should I renew EAD first... then renew AP? Or should I still do both in the same time?

Thanks

Originally posted by skllkd68100 View Post
    Hello everyone,

In late February/beginning of March 2018 I applied for a Family-based Green card (sent I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131). About 5 months after that I received my EAD/AP combo card (valid until July 2019).

My case is still "ready to be scheduled for an interview", and to avoid going over the expiration date, I would like to renew both my EAD and AP... but USCIS wants EAD to be renewed no earlier than 180 days before... and AP 120 days... So what should I do? Should I renew EAD first... then renew AP? Or should I still do both in the same time?

Thanks
    IMO, with the current processing time, renew the EAD first, and the AP later. Don't wait a single day. Even though you have 180 days as extension on the old EAD, who knows what's gonna happen?
    AOS C9, Houston TX

PD: 08/01
    Fingerprinted: 08/17
    RFIE sent: 11/07
    Responsed to RFIE received: 12/04
    Request for expedition on I765: 12/07
    Evidence faxed: 12/10

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}