Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it safe to travel on Advance Parole when AOS in in progress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it safe to travel on Advance Parole when AOS in in progress?

Hello,
    Is it advisable to travel on Advance Parole when AOS is currently being scheduled for interview? I have always been lawfully present with no felonies. Thanks

I don't fully understand the question.

If you have a valid AP, you can travel. If your interview date is set, is better not to travel until you have your interview (avoid risk of not be able to come back for the interview).

If your interview is not set and could take months to be scheduled, you can travel on valid AP but I would not recommend going for long times, you interview date could be set and you will have change plans to arrive before the interview (and have all the documents ready for it).
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

read previous posts..........
      B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
      FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
      4/20/18 Received 4 letters
      5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
      5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
      9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
      9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
      9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
      9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
      9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
      2/17/19 Traveled abroad
      3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
      3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

steken, you said here https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...Advance-Parole that you already have an interview date.

You should not travel before the interview, is not worth the risk. Just wait for your interview, hopefully will be approved, and you can travel soon after with your GC or a temporary I-551 stamp.
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Hello Enub4, no my interview is not scheduled. The current status is: Being scheduled for interview.

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
          steken, you said here https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...Advance-Parole that you already have an interview date.

You should not travel before the interview, is not worth the risk. Just wait for your interview, hopefully will be approved, and you can travel soon after with your GC or a temporary I-551 stamp.

Comment

Oh, ok. It could be a few weeks/months to change, it all depends on your local office (I think).

From what I read, is around 6 weeks from interview scheduled to interview date. If you can travel soon, you many not get any problem.
            ---

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X