EAD lost in mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD lost in mail

I'm and F-1 Visa studen and just finished my degree.

My EAD card was lost in the mail, I called USCIS 1-800 number and they explained that they did not get the document back in the mail and that I had to re-apply for a replacement.

I reapplied for the new card and received a new receipt notice. This new receipt notice includes my alien number in the applicant section.

My question is:

Can I start working with this number since my card has not arrived?

I’m really frustrated as I had to push the start date in my Job more then a month for this issue.

Can I apply for a temp EAD in the local USCIS office until my permanent EAD arrives?

No A# does not give you the right to work. I suggest you make an info pass appointment and see if you can get anything temporary

Comment

Originally posted by sebman
      I'm and F-1 Visa studen and just finished my degree.

My EAD card was lost in the mail, I called USCIS 1-800 number and they explained that they did not get the document back in the mail and that I had to re-apply for a replacement.

I reapplied for the new card and received a new receipt notice. This new receipt notice includes my alien number in the applicant section.

My question is:

Can I start working with this number since my card has not arrived?

I’m really frustrated as I had to push the start date in my Job more then a month for this issue.

Can I apply for a temp EAD in the local USCIS office until my permanent EAD arrives?

You could try and work with the approval notice. Unless the employer specificallya sks for the card, you wouldnt be lying if you ticked that you had approval to work...........you do. In the meantime though simply write nad request a new one........but they wont give you a temporary one

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X