No announcement yet.

How to get EAD in removal proceeding???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get EAD in removal proceeding???

My friend is in removal proceeding, but her USC husband filed 130 for her. She heard she can file 485 and 765 at the same time while her 130 is pending. Can she still get EAD this way? If so, what is the specific procedure to file with court instead of with INS (as she has to file with court while in the proceeding)? Like where to file, required docs, is the EAD sure to be approved, how long is the wait, where to pick it up, etc.

Thanks a lot for your kind replies.

EAD dring removal proceding

IF the spouse is CItizen, and you ar ein removal proceding you can file for I-130 and 485 and submit a copy of application and recipt notice of 485 to court.
    To apply the EAD I-765
    1. application form,
    2. a copy of recipt notice of 485 stamped from court that they have it in their records.
    3. pictures.
    4. fees,
    5. Copy of last I-94, if you have.

I dont know which state you will be filling from, but from Michigan I applied to Chicago lockbox facility, this is C9 category.

Good Luck, it takes about 90 days to get EAD.

Law says if your 485 has been applied (pending) you will be eligible for EAD so file 485 as well and once you get the recipt notice. Submit the copy of 485 doc. and recipt notice to court for their recored. and make another photocopy of recipt notice only and have it stamped from court (just evedence that court has it) and send that stamped recipt notice with your application od EAD

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X