Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems getting SSN after getting EAD

Hi all.

I am adjusting status and have had my interview etc (just need to finish a request for evidence and that should be it).

I send all my forms at the end of october (been int he us since march 06 and married april 06). During my interview (april 07) the interviewer told me that my EAD form is probably sitting ontop of a cabonit because no one at the building likes to do the forms (I was suprised she even said that) after I got home I called enquiring about my EAD and 2 weeks later I got it.

I went to apply for a SSN as soon as I got my card but they said they need to wait for verification from dept of homland security in seattle and it could take upto 4 weeks. 1 month later I called the SSA office asking if they heard anything about my application and they said I needed to come back in and sign some paper work again because someone in the office accidently deleted my application (I was of course pretty angry). On June 4th I went in and resigned my application for a SSN and was given a new application reference number and they said they send my paperwork for paper verification the same day to Dept of homeland security in seattle (I'm in Spokane WA) and to this day (June 21st) they STILL havent gotten anything.

Everyone I've asked has said this is ridiculos and its taking far too long but I don't know who to contact about this as they will not give me the contact details for the dept of homland in seattle (they said its not public information).

Does anyone know what I can do to find out whats going on? I'd hate for my paperwork to be sitting somewhere again because no one wants to do it =/

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...thank you.

So why don't you make appointment with local USCIS where you are living with an infor pass to check your case?

Originally posted by ChaoticMonk
    Hi all.

I am adjusting status and have had my interview etc (just need to finish a request for evidence and that should be it).

I send all my forms at the end of october (been int he us since march 06 and married april 06). During my interview (april 07) the interviewer told me that my EAD form is probably sitting ontop of a cabonit because no one at the building likes to do the forms (I was suprised she even said that) after I got home I called enquiring about my EAD and 2 weeks later I got it.

I went to apply for a SSN as soon as I got my card but they said they need to wait for verification from dept of homland security in seattle and it could take upto 4 weeks. 1 month later I called the SSA office asking if they heard anything about my application and they said I needed to come back in and sign some paper work again because someone in the office accidently deleted my application (I was of course pretty angry). On June 4th I went in and resigned my application for a SSN and was given a new application reference number and they said they send my paperwork for paper verification the same day to Dept of homeland security in seattle (I'm in Spokane WA) and to this day (June 21st) they STILL havent gotten anything.

Everyone I've asked has said this is ridiculos and its taking far too long but I don't know who to contact about this as they will not give me the contact details for the dept of homland in seattle (they said its not public information).

Does anyone know what I can do to find out whats going on? I'd hate for my paperwork to be sitting somewhere again because no one wants to do it =/

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...thank you.

Comment

I allready did that and they said my information has allready been updated on the system and when I got o the SSA office they type in my name and say it still says 'requires verification' so I don't know what else to do

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X