Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long for EAD after Biometrics ?

Friends and Immigration Gurus
    Last edited by aliasgar_ns; 04-18-2009, 03:03 PM.

It says they try to get the EAD out in 90 days or less but to be honest, you have to realize there is not a set time limit on a lot of this stuff. You just sort of have to wait and see. Be patient.

You can also check the priority dates on the USCIS website to see where they are at in terms of processing.

Comment

I mailed my EAD in mid April 2007, had my biometrics in May 24. I am still waiting to hear from USCIS. You just mailed yours in June and had your biometrics in July and wondering why you have not heard from USCIS

Comment

it depends on the service center and the num of applications being processed and the priority dates.
        for me(California ser center), i applied EAD on dec 20 th,2006(online)
        Bio Metrics: Jan10, 2007
        Received EAD: Mar 30, 2007 .
        i came to know that one of my frnds got EAD with in 20 days of applying.

be optimistic n wait for it...meanwhile tell u r wife to prepare for the interviews, car driving(if she knows already..it's ok...its a compulsory qn. in interviews)..so that by the time u r ready with evry thing n jus start applying for the jobs.

Comment

No

Originally posted by aliasgar_ns
          Does the appplication process of EAD (for L2) depend on Husbands L1 visa.
          In other words, if husbands L1 is Individual, then the approval of EAD is much quicker than for L1 with blanket approval.

Is this true ?

I am on L1 blanket, last year my wife got her L2 based EAD within 2 weeks.

Comment

I had my noa on june 4th. biometrics june 20th. had RFE and received my ead in the mail aug 20th. Missouri service center.

Comment

I received my rfe three or so days after my biometrics were taken. precisely june 25th. My hisband sent the paperwork they needed on july 28th. They recived it on july 31st. August 11th they issued the ead and mailed it on the 16th. I got it yesterday aug 20th

Comment

I applied for EAD renewal on jul 23' 07 and biometrics given on Aug 13th...Unfortunately my current EAD is expiring on 24th of sep..I spoke with the customer service person in my service center(Texas) about the case and she said that it will be approved soon but did not give any more specifics..

My questions are:
                1. Do I need to send any photos like in the last year because they have already taken mine at the time of biometrics.
                2. Any idea about the current EAD processing time in Texas service center.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X