Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD approved but lost in transit

Hello,

My EAD card has been approved on May 7, 2004 but has not reached me yet. My lawyer tells me that it has been lost either by the INS or in transit, and tells me the only thing that we can do is reapply as if I had never applied before, which would take another 3 months. For me, this would pose a problem because I plan to change employers soon. I have a couple of questions regarding options I may have....

1. If my EAD card is approved (that is, my lawyer has received an approval notice), am I eligible to get an interim card from the local INS office?

2. If not, I'd like to renew my H-1B visa (I was on this visa prior to getting the EAD card). Is this something I can do even though my EAD/AP has been approved?

3. Can I switch employers even though I don't have the actual EAD card? I have the approval.

I appreciate any help that you could provide me. I am very confused as to what to do right now, and hope that I can figure out something.

Thanks!

ead

I am sorry u had to go thorugh this. believe me I had to deal with the same situation, ead lost in transit.

U cannot take up job wihtout the actual ead.

U cannot get an interim ead because ur ead was lost in mail.

I had to reapply to get the ead when mine was lost in transit.

I am not sure abt ur renew of H1, pl approach an attorney .

Comment

Hi,

My husband has a similar case. We are ready to reapply. But can't he work until the EAD comes in hand.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X