Urgent Please Help - Biometrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Please Help - Biometrics

I applied for my I-485 ans have included my wife as part of my application. my wife is also on H1B.
    Application received by USCIS on August 2, 2007 for I-485, I-765, AND I-131.
    We got the reCEIPT NOTICE for all the applications AND TODAY WE GOT THE APPOINTMENT FOR BIOMETRICS.
    The biometric appointment is on Ocotber 24th.
    Unfortunately, I am out of state on that date for company work and can not go for the Biometrics. I can not change the plans and seems like will have to skip the appointment.
    Is it possible to get new appointment date for both of us?
    If we get new appointment dates, would it affect my EAD or AP application. Would it delay my EAD or AP application?

Thanks in advance for help,

Shekhar

The letter of Biometrics appointment you received states that you can try re-scheduling your appointment, by sending that letter back to them (make and keep a copy to yourself first). They should be able to re-schedule it for a later time.

You will however face a delay on your AOS and EAD (they need to take your picture for the EAD card and send your fingerprints to the FBI). How much delay, it is hard to tell, maybe 1 month, maybe 2.

Another thing you can try is a "walk-in" appointment, some Application Service Centers will allow you to go a few days before your appointed time and if they are not too busy, they will fit you in and take your biometrics... or they will tell you no and send you back home. You can try this if you do not live too far from your Application Service Center.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

You can go after your appointment date on any Wednesday and they can take your fingure print.They will wait for 90 days and if you will not go then they will automatically reschedule you next appointment but if you will send you request for rescheduleing then you will get appointment letter in moth or two.This is very common problem and they adjust you after your appointment date even I did 10 days before my appointment date as I went there and showed them confirmed ticket and they consiedered us 10 days before our dates.Best option is to wait till appointment but you can go now and request your problem and you will get done right away.

AJAY

Originally posted by PraetorianXI
      The letter of Biometrics appointment you received states that you can try re-scheduling your appointment, by sending that letter back to them (make and keep a copy to yourself first). They should be able to re-schedule it for a later time.

You will however face a delay on your AOS and EAD (they need to take your picture for the EAD card and send your fingerprints to the FBI). How much delay, it is hard to tell, maybe 1 month, maybe 2.

Another thing you can try is a "walk-in" appointment, some Application Service Centers will allow you to go a few days before your appointed time and if they are not too busy, they will fit you in and take your biometrics... or they will tell you no and send you back home. You can try this if you do not live too far from your Application Service Center.

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply

Shekhar

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X