Eligibility to work after filing for EAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eligibility to work after filing for EAD

I am currently working on H1B, am married to US citizen and my green card application is in process (I am done with the interview - my application is in the last phase - Security check) I have an offer from other employer if I apply for EAD at this point can I join my prospective employer based on the receipt of application? (My spouse's application I-130 has already been approved)

You can not work with the receipt. You must have an approved EAD before you can work. It takes around 60-90 days to be processed and sent to you.

Also you are not in the last stage "security check". You are probably stuck in namecheck and you will be for who knows how long (2 months or 2 years, there is no telling).

So apply for AP and EAD right away. Continue working with your H1B until you get the EAD. Until then, there is nothing you can "legally" do.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X