AP received but have question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP received but have question.

I received my AP documents today, but the online tracking still indicate pending, why is that?

Now I can travel to my home country (China), can anyone tell me what documents I should bring with me for re-enter the US, what the process is like when I re-enter the US at the port-of-entry?

Thanks.

Why do you ...

... care for the lack of updates on the on-line system? They're usually very slow on updating the stuff. Many people have received their documents, green cards etc. while the system still shows as pending or in process!

You need your original AP and your status change receipts etc.

There's no special process at POE.

Take care.

Comment

You will need your passport, your AP document and a copy of your I-485 receipt (just in case).

Also, do not LEAVE the USA if you overstayed/accrued illegal presence for 180 or more days.
      Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

how long it takes from you apply the AP to received it?

Comment

Originally posted by kc1ever
          how long it takes from you apply the AP to received it?
          usually 60-90 days.
          Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Originally posted by PraetorianXI
            usually 60-90 days.
            if the AP got approved, in the mean time, the I-485 is approved too, so what should i do?

Comment

Originally posted by kc1ever
              if the AP got approved, in the mean time, the I-485 is approved too, so what should i do?
              Nothing. Enjoy your green card benefits.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Get an I-551 stamp on your passport to travel. Once the I-485 is approved, the AP and EAD are invalid.

Comment

Ead

boycolor, when did you apply for your 485? How long it took? I am still waiting on mine...applied on May 2nd in TSC.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X