Applied for EAD renewal before 120 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied for EAD renewal before 120 days

I made a mistake in calculating the number of days before my current EAD expires (124 days from today) and used E-filing from the USCIS website for my renewal application. Fee has been processed and I read in many places that the application will be rejected and sent back with the filing fee. Some have written that they got FP notices but not certain as to what happened after that. Can anyone share thier experiences on this matter? I want to know if there is any thing that I can do like filing another application within the 120 day window or just simply wait. Do I still need to send the supporting documents? And how will the fee be refunded for e-filing cases? Thanks for the help!!

I don't think USCIS has been strictly enforcing the 120 day limit. It may do so if it finds lot of people applying that way.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Do you know of anyone that did the same thing and got thier EAD approval in the recent past?

Comment

No. If you are concerned, you would have to apply for another one and shell out $340 again. But original fee many not be returned as they accepted it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Is it okay to have two pending I 765s for the same applicant? Also if I get a reciept on mail saying that my petition has been recieved and pending, wouldnt that mean that they accepted it? Or is there a chance that they may deny it at a later date even after FP? Thanks!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X