Study on EAD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study on EAD?

Me and my wife have EAD cards and our I 485 is pending. Can she study on EAD card? She has a valid H-4 visa. We have been travelling on H1 and H4 visas only.

Thanks,

What do you mean by study on EAD card? One can study on H4 visa and EAD can be used to work or accept employment anywhere (on-campus, offcampus) or assistantships, GAs etc. Use of EAD puts her in AOS pending or parolee status.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

What makes you undefinedguy?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

We still havent used our EAD/APs so we are still in H1/H4 status.

My wife wants to go to school now but the university is saying that they can allow her only if she is US citizen, permament resident or F1 visa holder.

so my question is if my wife wants to study on EAD and get federal AID, can she do that or not?

Thanks,

Comment

Ok, this is the deal. One is allowed to study on H1/H4 visa or as a parolee. Not restrictions.

The school is right in a particular context. You cannot get ANY federal aid while on such visa status. Federal aid is allowed only for USCs and GCs. F1 students are not eligible for it as well.

If you want to spend your money and study, that can be done in H1/H4 combination. If H4 wants to work on campus or any other job of accept any GA or TA position, then the person uses EAD and becomes a parolee.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X