Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD renewal

Hi,

My EAD would expire on 9/26 (less than 100 days remaining) and I've recently taken up job on EAD (AC21 not yet filed) but I need to file for renewal of EAD through e-filing, need help on questions below

1. Current immigration status? Do I need to explicitly mention Payrolee/AOS pending in the text area of the form?

2. Do I need to go to ASC for photograph? I was fingerprinted in Oct 2007.

3. Is AC21 mandatory and/or prerequisite? Within how many days do I need to file for my AC21 after chaning employer?

Thanks much for the help!

1. It is Parolee/AOS pending not Payrolee
    2. Yes if it is efiled.
    3. Not mandatory but highly recommended to avoid NOIDs and RFEs and further GC delays. The employment should be same similar as in the labor certification for GC.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
      1. Efiling gives us a drop down for current immigration status and there is no such value as AOS pending.
      However we do see DA:ADVANCE PAROLE(DISTRICT AUTH) Do you have any idea if we can select the above.

2. Efiling requires us to appear for fingerprinting. Is it True ? How about paper based filing.

Comment

EAD renewal

Thanks for the prompt reply.

While filling out the e-form, I stumbled on 2 things mentioned below

1. E-filing gives a drop down for current immigration status and I'm afraid that there is no such value as 'Parolee/AOS pending'.
        However we do see DA:ADVANCE PAROLE(DISTRICT AUTH) Not sure what it is and is it applicable in my case (never travelled abroad on AP, last entry made into US was on H1B)
        2. Efiling requires us to appear for fingerprinting. Is it True ? How about paper based filing.

Considering the above mentioned concerns I'm leaning towards paper based filing but there is a slight hitch; my original I485 is being processed at Nebraska center but per instructions posted on uscis.gov, for those who live in New Jersey/new York area they should submit their supporting documents to Texas, need expert opinion here. Please help

Thanks!

Comment

If you are working on H1b, you are on H1b status but not a parolee. If you used AP to enter, that dist Auth thing is right.

Paperfiling does not need biometrics as you include two PP picture with the app. It is kinda hassle free. Also, unlike the popular "e"-doing things, USCIS does not have any special benefit in terms of processing speed for efilers.

Irrespective of where your 485 is pending, send EAD to the service center that your location of residence falls into.
          Last edited by txh1b; 06-17-2008, 06:20 PM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X