Should I even bother filing for AP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I even bother filing for AP?

I fall under the category of overstaying on my visitor's visa by more than 1 year. I'm married to a USC and have an approved I-130 and am fixing to send in the I-485/I-765 package.

Is there any point sending in the I-131? Will it be automatically denied? I mean I'm paying for it, so I might as well try. But on Part 7 of the form:

On a separate sheet(s) of paper, please explain how you qualify for an advance parole document and what circumstances warrant
    issuance of advance parole. Include copies of any documents you wish considered.
    I obviously do not qualify and I might not be able to convince them.

Advice??

short answer = No. Do not file for AP.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Originally posted by PraetorianXI
      short answer = No. Do not file for AP.
      I thought so. Is it because it would bring up a red flag?

Comment

You are subject to a 10 year ban. You can not use AP.
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Thank you for answering & posting this question I am in the same boat and have been wondering the same thing, whether I should submit a I-131 or not as I've been here over a year after my visa expired although am married to a USC also.

Thanks for clarifying!

Comment

Ap

i HAVE SIMILAR QUESTION THAT, I DONT KNOW HOW, MAY BE MY GOOD LUCK ,I applied for AP which i just recievd last night approvel for a year but my friend said that still i cannot travell because after arrival to US in 96 i pplied for I-485 last year which is in process and i was out of staus between that time.I mean from 96 to 2007. But i got approvel for I-131 AP. I am very confussed please help me can i travell and come back to US on this AP.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kirstine
              Thank you for answering & posting this question I am in the same boat and have been wondering the same thing, whether I should submit a I-131 or not as I've been here over a year after my visa expired although am married to a USC also.

Thanks for clarifying!
              No problem. I had already warned you in a previous post!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X