Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question on EAD Renewal Fees

Hi,
    I am renewing my EAD for my wife (dependent) and I.
    My origianl I-485 and I-140 applications were filed on August 14 2007 and received by USCIS on Aug 16.

Do I need to once again pay the $340 for each of us for the EAD renewal.

The USCIS website says "If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, then no fee is required to file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. "

But it does not mention anything abt extension fees.

Thank You

Yes, fee is required.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks tx

Just one more question in this regard.

In Q 16 of the I-765 form, they are asking for eligibility category. I do not see any category that matches my profile (currently on H-1B with an approved EAD, but pending I-140) or my wife's (dependent EAD with pending I-140)
      The only one I see that somewhat matches is the (c)(9) category (Adjustment Applicant under the 7th category "EAD Applicants Who Have Filed for Adjustment of Status")

Also, if this is the category the form says there is no fee for renewal in this category. So just a little confused

Please help.

Thank You very much.

Comment

There is no special category for you. Use (c) (9) and pay the fees.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank You Tx

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X