Do i have a case to expidite??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i have a case to expidite??

I've applied for my EAD back in June and have been waiting over 60 days. I applied via the c9 route with concurrent I-485. Done the FP etc and had numerous soft LUD's and no RFE. I'm already working using my H1-B that i had before i got married. Now i have a job offer from a company, but can't transfer my H1-B here so this is why i finally got around to applying for my EAD ( i was putting it off cause i heard it was a stressful process....and boy was i right!!...haha). The company are only going to hold the job for so long and im due to leave my current job very soon, so my question relates to is this grounds to apply for expidite processing??? Essentially if my EAD does not come through in time i will be jobless. Does this relate to financial hardship and the ability to keep professional integrity?? I'm a little worried at this point. Anyone with any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You can continue working with your H1B employer, there is no hardship.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

I will be out of my current job by the end of the week, so i have no H1B employer anymore. Do you think i still have a case to expidite?? What happens if i do try this and get denied??

Thanks for the advice it's appreciated

Comment

Why is your H1B employment terminated? if it is because you are quitting, then you have no basis for your EAD to be expedited... you will just wait like everybody else.
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

when i explained the situation to them about being offered an new job they gave me a timeframe of when i could leave. Before i even got the new job offer my application for my EAD was submitted. I explained i was waiting for the EAD to be approved before i moved on to the new job but they have their timeframe set and it is what it is and it nearly up so i have tyo go. So now the timeframe is nearly up and i have to go, so i'll be jobless. Is there anything i can do?

Comment

Nothing can be done until 90 days of pending application. Being patient is the only thing. USCIS has 90 days to process and you were given 120 days to apply before the current EAD expires.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X