Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B 7th Year Extension or EAD/AP

Hi Guys,
    My 6th year H1B is due to expire Dec 2008. My GC is in process (EB3). My I-140 is approved and I-485 is pending (i got it in during the July 2007 fiasco). I even did a set of fingerprinting. But after all that, the visa numbers are now unavailable.
    I was wondering if I should apply for an H1B extension or just get my EAD/AP and continue working for my employer. The only reason i ask is because applying for an extension would mean spending a lot on lawyer fees and going back to my home country for my visa stamping.
    Which way would be best to 1) not jeopardize my GC process, 2) allow me to travel abroad and 3) be cost effective
    Has anyone applied for the EAD/AP on their own?
    Also, did anyone's employer apply for an H1B extension without a lawyer?
    Thanks in advance for your time.

Nowadays, most of the H1b 7th year extensions get RFE and take more than 6 months to process. A friend of mine applied for his 7th year H1b extension and got an RFE 3 times and finally a letter from the USCIS that the petition has been revoked. Luckily, he had his EAD so he moved on to the EAD. Its unnecessary stress.
    Just apply for EAD renewal online 120 days before the EAD expires (you do not need a lawyer), you should get a 2 year renewal for $340. Do not waste money applying for H1b extension and lawyer fees.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X