Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel on AP

Hello

I have a quick question regarding advanced parole. My wife is planing for india travel from Sept 15th to Oct 31st. Our advance parole is expiring on Jan 30th 2009. So would that be an issue if she travel on above mentioned dates? While coming back will she need anything else? Will she get I-94 only until jan 30th 2009? If her I-94 expires after that, does she has to renew it?

Also her EAD is expiring on Oct 30th 2008. Would that be any issue just in case if we don't get our new EAD by that time?

Also while she is overseas, and if our I-485 get approve, can she still enter US with her AP?

Earliest Response is really appreciated.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Last edited by jigneshrulz; 08-14-2008, 02:16 PM.

Any suggestions?

Can any one please help me in this regards? Its kinda urgent. Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks,

Comment

You can enter as long as AP is valid. I-94 is issued for 1 year from date of entry. No special process to renew it for parolees. No connection of EAD and travel. EAD is only needed for work. If GC gets approved, you need the actual card to enter.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for quick response. Any idea how much time it takes to get the card in hand after I 485 approves?

Thanks,

Comment

Depends.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Current processing time shows August 10 2008, and my receipt date is 17th August for AOS. In this time frame, is it safe to travel for a month from sept to oct on AP? Suggestions from expirence?

Thanks,

Comment

The PD date does not indicate an approval for sure. There are many people with 2004 PDs still waiting for approval. No one can tell. If the GC gets approved, have a friend mail it to you.

You can give a written authorization to anyone to pickup mail from the post office.

Comment

While applying AP renewal thru E system, its asking Alient number ..where Can I find this number ..Is that number same as Receipt number ...pls clarify me .

Comment

Alien number is your A#. It is available at many places including your AP, EAD, GC receipt I797C etc.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X