Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD question

Hi

My husband has just applied for GC processing. I am on L1 now but due to recession I have to go back to India and then come back as H4 by resigning my company. I understand I cant work if I am on H4.

We applied from NJ. I have below questions. Please help to get the answers.

1. How long does it take to get the EAD for us?
    2. As a dependent to him, would I also get EAD along with my husband?
    3. Any idea how long it is taking to get EAD in NJ? (I know this is vague question but if someone has info, that would be very helpful)
    4. What other options do I have if I want to work after coming back? Do I have to apply for H1 or any other form would support me to work?

Any information on above answers would be great help to plan the next steps. Thank you

Originally posted by rams1980
    My husband has just applied for GC processing.
    What do you mean by this? Labor or I485?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

We just filled the PERM application and the attorney informed it will be filed on monday. I checked the form we filled and it is ETA form 9089. Sorry I am not able to give much info on this.

Comment

1. Depending on the category, it could take several years before you even qualify to get EAD. You can lose hope on the EAD as it is not in the near future for you as per the current situation.
        2. Yes, only when the 485 has been applied for which the PD should be current. Current PD is somewhere in 2001 and 2004 for India and China.
        3. Refer above.
        4. H1b is an option.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Ead during removal proceedings -- help !

HI
          ME AND MY WIFE FILED I-485, I-130. I-765 ALL TOGETHER BY THE END OF NOVEMBER/2008. I HAVE BIOMETRICKS TAKEN .BUT BEFOR BIO/APPT I GOT RFE FOR I-864 INNITIAL EVIDANCE ON 3 DECEMBER 2008. AND MY I-485 PROCEESING PLACED ON HOLD . ICE CAME TO MY HOUSE AND I GOT ARRESTED AS AN ALIEN ON 29 TH JANUARY 2009 , THEY PUT ME A TRACKING BRACELET AND IN 5 HOURS LET ME OUT. I SENT USCIS RFES THEY RECIEVED ON 4 TH FABRUARY 2009 AND I 485 PRCEESSING RESUMED FINALY .BUT SINCE FABRUARY 4 TH ITS ALMOST 2 MONTHS AND I STILL WAITING FOR MY EAD CARD AND THE STATUS ONLINE IS STILL: CASE RECIEVED AND PENDING FOR I-765. DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF I GET THE EAD CARD UNLESS I AM ON REMOVAL PROCEEDINGS BUT I HAVE HAD FILED IT BEFORE I GOT ARRESTED ,
          ALSO I ALREADY HAD A COURT AND JUDGE TOLD ME TO GO TO THE INTERWEW FOR I-130 TO SEE IF IT IS APPROVED AND THEY WILL MAKE DICISION AFTER THAT . SO I NEED TO GO TO THE INTERVEW WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR ALREADY 4 MONTHS AND DONT KNOW YET WHEN ITS GONNA BE .AND IF I GET APPROVE JUDGE WILL CLOSE MY CASE AND THEN I WILL BE ABLE TO GET I-485 APPROVED .. BUT TO REACH THAT TIME I NEED EAD I NEED YOUR HELP IF SOMEBODY EVER HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THIS KIND OF CASE , MY CASE IS IN NATIONAL BENEFITIARY CENTER( MSC) AND WE LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA,PA, ALSO I THINK THAT MY INFORMATION IS WILL BE HELPFULL FOR SOME UNLUCKY PEOPLE LIKE ME . GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE,
          Last edited by makhara; 03-26-2009, 02:37 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X