X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP before EAD-is this common?

Hello folks,

I have a question for the Forum?
    Is it common to get your AP before you receive your EAD? I guess my question does not really involve whether it is common but rather I am interested in hearing others experiences and whether this has occurred with their case. I am eagerly awaiting my EAD as I have a position lined up but recently (last month) I got the dreaded RFE from homeland based on my I-865. I responded within 5 days from having received it and they (homeland) logged my documents received almost a week later. To date I have seen no progress on the USCIS website as I check my case status every day. BUT today--I received the I-512L (AP) approved in the mail.
    Any ideas/experience here as to when I can potentially expect my EAD?
    Also, your thought on this being a little weird--as typically the EAD is the first thing to get back to the petitioner, then AP, then the interview, temp GC, etc.

Thought I would share a little wrinkle with my case and then hope someone had a similar experience and can share some light on when I can potentially expect to see my EAD in the mail. As of now I have all but given up on the email system through USCIS as it never notified me this document was coming.

Deuces

Andbody????

Comment

It is normal. The processing times could vary.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X