Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! URGENT...

Hello All,

1. It says that if you file for I-485 on or after July 30 2007, you do not need to pay $305 AP I-131 fees - Is that accurate?

NOTE: we paid 395$ towards the I-485 Fees and not the $1010 latest fee.

2. Is Biometrics done for Advanced Parole?

We need to travel to India, very urgent...our old AP is expired, we r applying for an Expidted AP, but had the above questions, any answers sooon wud be greatly appreciated.

Our I-485 Reciept Date: Aug 17th 2007.

Thanks a ton!
    Last edited by Helpshan; 04-06-2009, 05:19 PM.

1. Fee has to be paid.
    2. Efiling requires a biometric appointment but no additional fee is needed. Unless there is life or death question, USCIS will not do AP any quicker than the usual processing times..

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks

For your Answer # 2 - what if we are not efiling, but are mailing - Is the fee required then? the total check then wud be 385$ ?

Intresting Note txh1b : Meantime I called Uscis 1-800 number and they said $305 is not required...strange!!!
      anyways we will send the check just in case! - Thanks for your Input.

Comment

The call center people know little. The fee for AP is 305. Read instructions on immihelp for filing. No biometric fee is needed for any type of filing.

Your choice if you want to try to get your AP for free. You may have to resubmit after initial mail room rejection.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X