Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to Travel-Pls help

Hi Guys,

I am new posting here though i've been going thru ur forums for quite a while. So here's my problem...

My Husband appiled for our I 140, I 485 and AP in July 2007. We got our AP approved a month later valid until AUg 2008. We dint renew the AP in 2008 as we were pretty sure we werent travelling that year.

Now that my dad is sick i need to go see him in India soon. I called our attorney who gave us an appointment with the local USCIS for day after tomorrow thru InfoPass to explain my case to an Immigration Officer and he would stamp my passport to parole me back into the US

But from what i read in ur forums, in order for him to do that, an AP has to be pending with the USCIS! Now i am in a fix becos we never applied for it after 2008.
    And also our H1 and H4 petition is pending!
    Am i in for a deep depressing guilt feeling for not visiting my dad when he most needed to see me?
    Pls help

Hi All,

I was really disspointed to see nobody replied to my post.
    Anyways i decided to come and update my experience.

I had an appointment at 2:45 pm today with the USCIS. i reached there at abt 1:30 pm and was let in and they gave me a ticket to wait. after a lot of waiting, i was called at 3:00pm (they close at 3:00pm).
    Unnfortunately the lady immigration officer i spoke to was extremely rude and blamed me for coming at closing time and never let me explain anything.
    anyways she asked me to come back tomorrow early in the morning and try. So i'm gonna be there at 7:00 am tomorrow morning.
    She yelled at me for not bringing any documents although i had taken every single document they could ever need...doctor certificates, letter from my uncle and a letter from me, a filled I131 form with 2 photographs, passport, I485 receipt notice..everything...she was reallly rude!
    May be i dint get lucky. Anyways i am gonna give it a shot tomorrow.

I will come back here and update

Cheers

Comment

Success

Hi All,

Me again..buzzing in for some good news!!

I went to the USCIS SFO at 7:00 in the morning today. They open at 7:30 am. I was the first person in line.
      I was immediately called by an IO and the good news is , it was a different person today!! She took all my documents, a list of which i'll post below FYI and she also told me that the doctor's letter had to be a little more in detail. Mine was very brief. And she said may be my appplication will be denied..but nevertheless asked me to wait.
      After waiting for 2 hrs she called me again and said my application was accepted and asked me to pay the fees of $305.00 and wait.
      I paid up and waited for another 2 hrs and an officer came and handed me my AP and said its valid for 1 year from today...I was soooo relieved!
      I 'm flying home tomorrow night.
      Hope the following info helps someone in their time of need

1. First of all, this is for real emergency situations only..dont try it if it not a life and death situation.

2. be there first thing in the morning..it helps

3. DO take an appointment receipt with you. It dosent have to be the same day or the time. For example: Mine was for June 22nd for 8:30 AM. You'll need an appointment otherwise you will be made to wait for ever!

4.Take the completed form I-131, 2 photographs, I-485 receipt notice, I-140, Copy Of EAD, DL and passport. Also take detailed letters from a Doctor(with who your family member is receiving treatment), a notorized letter from a person who is not immediate family(in India), a letter that you wrote to the Immigration Officer warranting why you deserve an emergency travel document, travel itenerary (to show u r serious abt travelling) and copies of previous AP's.

5. Be patient and cool headed

Thats it...and Good Luck!!

cheers

Comment

I am so glad this worked out for you
        I am in a similar position. I recently applied for I-485,131 etc. because I wanted to travel to my sisters wedding in december, unfortunately my grandfathers health has gotten much worse and my sister decided to push up the wedding to august because he may not make it that far.

Since I do not expect the regular AP to arrive by then( reciept date is June 22nd)

I am goona be forced to apply for expedited advance parole.

I have a letter from my grandfathers physician, and the updated wedding invitation etc. I dont know if it will work or not, but this is my only sisters wedding, so I have to atleast give it a shot.

I have heard mixed comments from ppl. regarding whether you can call for expedited ap, or it must be done in person. some ppl claim to have got theirs over the phone, others say you must do it in person.

My question to you is, you seem to suggest that you dont necssarily need to have an appt. for that day, I ahve an infopass appt. for friday the 10th of July, can I go in sooner?

And also any tips regardin the questions thy asked you? Things to say/avoid saying??

Appreciate the help in advance

Comment

Don't even take or bring up the wedding. Your emergency AP request will get denied.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Please post the updates

Originally posted by guharoym View Post
            I am so glad this worked out for you
            I am in a similar position. I recently applied for I-485,131 etc. because I wanted to travel to my sisters wedding in december, unfortunately my grandfathers health has gotten much worse and my sister decided to push up the wedding to august because he may not make it that far.

Since I do not expect the regular AP to arrive by then( reciept date is June 22nd)

I am goona be forced to apply for expedited advance parole.

I have a letter from my grandfathers physician, and the updated wedding invitation etc. I dont know if it will work or not, but this is my only sisters wedding, so I have to atleast give it a shot.

I have heard mixed comments from ppl. regarding whether you can call for expedited ap, or it must be done in person. some ppl claim to have got theirs over the phone, others say you must do it in person.

My question to you is, you seem to suggest that you dont necssarily need to have an appt. for that day, I ahve an infopass appt. for friday the 10th of July, can I go in sooner?

And also any tips regardin the questions thy asked you? Things to say/avoid saying??

Appreciate the help in advance

Hi, Please post the updates on your case after you visit the local office. I'm also in the same situation. I have applied my AP on 25th June and got the receipt on 1st july. I have booked my tickets to 5th Auguest and wanted to wait till 25th july to book the appointment with the SFo down town office.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by samathanag View Post
              Hi, Please post the updates on your case after you visit the local office. I'm also in the same situation. I have applied my AP on 25th June and got the receipt on 1st july. I have booked my tickets to 5th Auguest and wanted to wait till 25th july to book the appointment with the SFo down town office.

Thanks,
              Please update your case. I am in same situation.

Thanks in Advance,
              Siva

Comment

Received AP in two and half weeks

Hi All,

I have applied my AP on 25th June 2009 (USCIS receipt date) and got approved on 13th July 2009 from Nebraska service center.

Thanks

Comment

Emergency AP

Hello,

I live in Mountain View, Ca and i have a family medical emergency in India. My AP expired on September 8. Can anyone answer my questions?

1.) Can I apply in San Jose field office for emergency AP?

2) Do I need to first mail my AP to Nebraska and wait for a receipt number and then go to San Jose field office for emergency AP?

Looking forward to hear some answers.

Thanks,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X