Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can spouse on H1B take a break from work with EAD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can spouse on H1B take a break from work with EAD?

Hi there,

It would be of great help if somebody can clarify my question. My wife and I are on H1 B . We filed for I140/I485 concurrently with me being the primary applicant. Recently both our EADs were approved and we are waiting to receive it in mail. My wife is burnt out with work and stress and wants to take a break badly for a couple of months. We both been having a rough couple of years at work.

These are my questions:-

1. Once we receive the EAD, is it possible for her to quit working (and lose H1B with current sponsor) and be on status using the EAD without having a new job?
    2. If no, how much time does she have to find a job (and use the EAD) after she quits her current employer and loses her H1B?
    3. If yes (that would be wonderful!), it would be great if you can provide some links to some documentation.

Lawyers/attorneys - please help!

Thanks Much,

Palsy

Who is the primary on the GC?

The dependent can quit the non-immigrant status anytime and choose to become a parolee while a 485 is pending.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X