Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EAD notice on USCIS website changed twice now...card production ordered...so can I wo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD notice on USCIS website changed twice now...card production ordered...so can I wo

hey guys.
    the case status on the webstie changed today from the 11 Dec to the 16th Dec for card production. its the exact notice, just the dates changed. i went on the first date and applied for a job and now i have an interview on tuesday. im scared coz this is my chance to work for the company that i actually want to. they offer the experience i need. but now, what do i do? do i continue to work and just show them that the website says i am getting it within 30 days or what? when do i get the actual plastic card?
    i read some post where they say that you can work but you have to present the ead card within 90 days. is this true? uscis is confusing me here. i may be able to work before christmas and buy my wife presents, but im scared that it is illegal. i do have a social security from the past when i was on a workers visa. so, i have everything to pay taxes and stuff, but is this okay for me to work?

please be nice. i dont know all the laws

You will get the card in a week under most circumstances.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

txh1b...thank you for your reply. just another question...

when i go for the interview, should i just see what they say or should i make a note of it to tell them my exact situation? ive read so many stories of people not getting their card at all and then some say you can show it within 90 days. i cant find any governmnet website that explains this and my lawyer says that if i get a low end job at a motel or something, while i wait for the card, that i should be honest and tell the officer at our interview. which is in january. so where do i get solid info on what to do? i want this job coz ive been unemployed for months now. should i just hear what the employer says and show my printouts from my case status?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X