Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobbying for EAD

Hi Folks,

I was looking for a Immigration reforms that were planned for 2010, by USCIS.
    I thought this could be a place to post my query.

I have been working since Aug'2004, on L1A till Oct'06 and then on H1B.
    and have passed across the various employment stages during this course. I have taken a full time role in 2008 and the company had to lay off staff due to the economy. The company had filed my labor application in Aug'2009. I am not expecting that the labor application will be cleared before Aug'2010.

As a part of immigration reform, would it be possible to present cases such as mine, for an EAD, by actively coordinating with immigration authorities. What is the process to hire the right people who can present our cases to the immigration authorities. Though this may not be appreciated by Desi Body Shoppers or the consulting firms, I look for right minded people who are in similar situations, to respond to this initiative.

Work permit reforms

There is absolutely no way, I guess. Lets think in a simple logic, keeping aside all laws statutes; If you are a guest at some ones home, it is the host who decides when and how long you can be a guest!!. As simple as that. When a host can not feed himself and family, guests are unwelcome.

A permit is provided, such that a legal immigrant/prospective immigrant, while waits for the decission would have permit to earn leagally and live. If the decission turns out to be negative, the person has to leave.

A H1B was provided to you becuase, there are no qualified people locally available. While a labour certification means, there is a permanent scarcity of a qualified skilled worker (your qualifications/skills can be anything the country needs).

What may be prosposed as a reform would be, that a person worked for 6 years (on H1) and there is a need to continue further. This reason should make one eligible for immigration. Again, summurily there can be no opportunty that every person who lands on USA would get a work permit.

I hope you understand this.

Originally posted by Sainik View Post
    Hi Folks,

I was looking for a Immigration reforms that were planned for 2010, by USCIS.
    I thought this could be a place to post my query.

I have been working since Aug'2004, on L1A till Oct'06 and then on H1B.
    and have passed across the various employment stages during this course. I have taken a full time role in 2008 and the company had to lay off staff due to the economy. The company had filed my labor application in Aug'2009. I am not expecting that the labor application will be cleared before Aug'2010.

As a part of immigration reform, would it be possible to present cases such as mine, for an EAD, by actively coordinating with immigration authorities. What is the process to hire the right people who can present our cases to the immigration authorities. Though this may not be appreciated by Desi Body Shoppers or the consulting firms, I look for right minded people who are in similar situations, to respond to this initiative.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X