Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Extend an EAD Renewal after 180 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Extend an EAD Renewal after 180 days?

Has anyone reached the 180 day EAD automatic extension without receiving the renewed card?

I filed the I-765 combo card renewal back on February 11th 2019, received the I-797 receipt, and that's all. Activity still shows 'Fingerprint processed' on the online system.

The problem is that my wife's Illinois driver's license is tied to the work permit expiration date (yes Illinois does that). So in this case, Illinois DMV set the expiration date to the 180 day extension date. In a few weeks, her license will expire again unless we get the card and can renew her license.

Anyone have similar experiences?

Illinois also gives a version of its temporary visitor driver's license to people without legal presence documents, so see if she can switch to that.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Is the 180 day extension from filing date or from previous EAD expiration?
      When did the EAD expired? Also in February?
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
        Is the 180 day extension from filing date or from previous EAD expiration?
        When did the EAD expired? Also in February?
        The 180 day extension is from the previous expiration date. So it's from early February to early August.

I've searched but there doesn't appear to be a formal mechanism or process for extending an extension.

Comment

Originally posted by Poramin View Post

The 180 day extension is from the previous expiration date. So it's from early February to early August.

I've searched but there doesn't appear to be a formal mechanism or process for extending an extension.
          Thank you. I see the problem is that your renewal was close to your EAD expiration and they are taking more than 6 months in many cases to issue a renewal. It is recommended to start the renewal process up to 6 months before the EAD expiration this days. I hope they change the process and give priority to renewals, I don't understand why it takes so long for a renewal if the process is stuck in review. Good luck.
          Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
          Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
          Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
          ---
          All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X