EAD/AP Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD/AP Renewal

I wanted to share my story here. I already received valuable information but as I am getting increasingly frustrated I thought it can't hurt to collect more feedback.

I filed for family based adjustment of status in New York on 02/28/2018
    I received my EAD/AP card on 07/19/2018. Validity for one year.

My wife and I moved to California early December 2018. We informed USCIS of our address change and got written confirmation.

I applied for EAD/AP renewal in April 2019. Received confirmation letter shortly thereafter which extends my work permit by 180 days. But not my Advance Parole

We received an invitation to for interview on 05/28/2019. To New York!
    Called USCIS and they told us we cant travel to New York because they will send us away as we dont live there anymore. Is that not a massive mistake from USCIS? We changed the adress and we received confirmation.
    Now my file is being transferred to Santa Ana field office which is as bad as New York in terms of wait times. Nobody can tell me how much longer all this will take.

Nothing from Advance Parole yet.
    Our holiday to Europe early August 2019 now has to be cancelled because I don't have my Advance Parole renewed on time.
    I understand an emergency this is not unfortunately.

But now my work will also suffer because I am travelling to Germany every three months or so for crucial business. My employer (headquartered in Germany) relies on my ability to travel.
    I feel that USCIS bears a huge amount or responsibility for messing up the address change which I guess will cost us an unpredictable number of months until we get another interview date. Now I can't travel because they aren't capable to renew Advance Parole on time.

What to do? Expedite? Congressman? Ombudsman?
    I know I am not the only one but the helplessness confronting this Babylonian bureaucracy is really frustrating.
    02-28-18 - Priority date.
    03-10-18 - 4 I-797 NOA letters - by mail.
    03-26-18 - RFIE for I-864
    04-06-18 - We received RFIE for i-485
    04-12-18 - Fingerprints review completed we work on i-485 and i-765
    07-20-18 - EAD Card ordered
    07-29-18 - EAD Card received
    08-04-18 - Scheduled for interview

Hi Steeevyo,

I also need to renew my EAD/AP with a pending AOS status. I have few questions can you help with?

1. I don't need application fee for either EAD or AP right?

2.Do I need to send copy of birth certificate with I-765 and I-131 ?

3. Which way of shipping are accepted for USPS, Fedex etc. ?

Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X