Expediting and Traveling on Advance Parole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expediting and Traveling on Advance Parole

I was on H1B and got laid off in mid-June, my fiance is a US Citizen and we got married at the end of June and applied for Green Card, Permanent Residence, Employment Authorization and Change of Status in the first week of July. I had my biometrics last week. I have been interviewing with a firm for the last couple of months and they want me to travel to Europe for the final rounds. Is there any way I could expedite the Advance Parole application? Is a job interview a good enough reason for expedition? Even if I do get the Advance Parole, is there any risk in coming back to the US on it as I am technically not in status ?(I'm assuming my H1B status expired when I lost my job in June and permanent residence hasn't been approved yet) Please help.

I would say do not travel if you have out of status period unless you get a GC.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Is there any other option? This is a job I really want and can't afford to miss on it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X