Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 EAD extension

Hi All,

I have applied H4 EAD extension, but looks like it takes more than 8months for an approval. But my wife EAD yet to expire on May 2022. In worst case, if application approval got delayed. whether she can work even after may 2022 referring to this extension application?

Few of the forum comments says if employer agrees or as default we can work upto 6months after expiration date. What is the correct process and possibilities?

Thanks in advance

I never heard of working even after expiration date better to talk to an attorney. As far as expiration May 2022, i believe is tied to your H1B expiration. If that is the case i suggest you to ask your employer to initiate the H1B extension process in premium right after enter the day where you are within 6 months of h1b expiration and parallel file H4 and H4 EAD. Without Biometrics H4 and H4 EAD process hoping would be little faster. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck.

Comment

Hi Member,
      Please see my response below.
      In worst case, if application approval got delayed. whether she can work even after may 2022 referring to this extension application?
      Answer: No. Unfortunately, with the help of H4 EAD receipt notice, you can not work. You will need EAD Approval in order to work or resume the work.
      Few of the forum comments says if employer agrees or as default we can work upto 6months after expiration date. What is the correct process and possibilities?
      Answer: I don't think, the above statement is correct. You must stop working, if your EAD got expired. You can resume working, once EAD gets approved.
      Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X