L2 EAD Work Authorization Query as per new Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD Work Authorization Query as per new Rules

My L2 EAD was expired a year back. My I-94 is also expired, however my L2 extension is now approved till 2022. Pls let me know if I am eligible to work as per new USCIS policy or do I need to apply and wait for EAD to get approved?

Hi Member,
    Please see below USCIS news on this.

Certain applicants who have filed Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, qualify for automatic extensions of their expiring employment authorization and/or EADs for up to 180 days if they:
    • Properly filed Form I-765 for a renewal of their employment authorization and/or EAD before their current EAD expired, and
    • Are otherwise eligible for a renewal, which means that:
      • Your renewal application is under a category that is eligible for an automatic 180-day extension ; and
      • The Category on your current EAD matches the “Class Requested” listed on your Form I-797C Notice of Action. (Note: If you are a TPS beneficiary or pending applicant, your EAD and this Notice must contain either the A12 or C19 category, but the categories do not need to match each other. In addition, for H-4, E, and L-2 dependent spouses, an unexpired Form I-94 indicating H-4, E, or L-2 nonimmigrant status must accompany Form I-797C).
    As per this, If you applied for EAD extension then you will be eligible for automatic extension for upto 180 days. Since yours is expired and you dont have I-94 validity, it is questionable.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X