Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can employer do while waiting for new EAD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can employer do while waiting for new EAD?

Hello I applied for my EAD renewal in the beginning of the year and my 180 extension will come to an end on Tuesday Dec 7. Luckily my renewal got approved Dec 3 and card is being produced.

I read on some forums that I can’t work whatsoever until the card comes in the mail but I was wondering if the company has to terminate me until new card comes in? Is there any other options the company can do besides terminating me and losing all my benefits just to start over again as soon as the new card comes in?

Hi Member,
    I read on some forums that I can’t work whatsoever until the card comes in the mail but I was wondering if the company has to terminate me until new card comes in?
    Answer: Yes. You may need EAD card in order to do Employment verification. In Employer side, They will need to keep all necessary documents for the period you are employed with them. Once you show your EAD then they can rehire you immediately.
    Is there any other options the company can do besides terminating me and losing all my benefits just to start over again as soon as the new card comes in?
    Answer: These portions you can discuss with your Employer.. But per my knowledge, they can rehire after you get the EAD card and you will not loose any benefits.
    All the best.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X