Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pending 140, Approved EAD

Hello All,
    I have applied for a I-140 EB3 downgrade Oct 30, 2020 when the Filing Date became current along with I-485. Even though I have my approved EAD now the decision on my 140 is still pending. Given this situation can I change jobs now? What is the general best practice to change jobs after your EAD gets approved (I read from other places that it is advised to wait 6 months after EAD approval before job change). Is there a way to expedite 140 approval since it is outside of the normal processing times other than upgrading to premium.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Member,
    I am sharing same Answer to the question that has posted in another visa category section.

Given this situation can I change jobs now?
    Answer: Yes you can as you have only downgraded the category.

What is the general best practice to change jobs after your EAD gets approved (I read from other places that it is advised to wait 6 months after EAD approval before job change).
    Answer: You can change your employment while waiting for final adjudication on Green card application if your I-485 application is pending for 180 days or more.

Is there a way to expedite 140 approval since it is outside of the normal processing times other than upgrading to premium.
    Answer: Yes. If your petition is outside of the normal processing time then you can raise a service request through USCIS portal.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X