Congressman Inquiry for Expedited Prciessing I-131

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congressman Inquiry for Expedited Prciessing I-131

My Spouse is US citizen. I entered the country on a B2 visa and we decided to stay. I applied for Adjustment of status in September 2021. I am director of a company abroad.
    Processing time is very long. I applied for advance parole I-131 in October 2021, but now I need to travel immediately due to urgent business needs as partners and clients need to see me.
    I reached out to the congress representative to inquire about my case, after one month of waiting the reply came very standard that I need to show third party letters to confirm it is emergency which I already did in my first inquiry! Not sure if they read it at all.
    I reached out again to another congressman office this time to inquire again
    a. What should I do if my advance parole application is rejected or still keeps pending? I may risk going to bankruptcy but again it is non US company so I am not sure if that counts.

Last edited by Jan Ch; 01-04-2022, 01:55 PM.

I believe you only have 2 options:
    a) travel and save the company, then start consular processing abroad or
    b) wait for AP, then travel and come back to the USA to continue your AOS

I hope the congressman's office can help but I don't think they can do much for this kind of situation. Sorry.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X