Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it ok to travel with Advance Parole, DUI Pending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it ok to travel with Advance Parole, DUI Pending?

Hi. I’m wondering if anyone has/had a similar case and can share their experience or thoughts on this matter.
    I will be traveling soon with Advance Parole (I-131). I got it through DACA. I do have a pending DUI. My attorney advised that I should be fine on the way back into the US, since I have no conviction yet. And even if I did it would be a misdemeanor. My attorney is moving to dismiss the case altogether. If that doesn’t happen, I’ll have to enter into a program which will last about 6 months, but at the end my case will be dismissed and expunged. This program is only available to people who got a “first” time charge of DUI with no injuries or damage to property or persons. Did anyone travel with a DUI or DWI and had any issues at the border? What did the officers, CBP ask you?
    Any answers will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi

I hope everything worked out well with your DUI case and you were able to travel?

I am in the exact same position as you, and I know how you must have felt because I am feeling the same thing right now. Any advise would mean the world to me. Thank you​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X