Forced to use AP by immigration officer at Port of entry - please advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced to use AP by immigration officer at Port of entry - please advise

While I was traveling back to the US from India, the US immigration officer, at the Abu Dhabi airport today at around 8:30 am local time, said that I was only eligible to be either deported or paroled into the country. I had to reluctantly agree to parole as I didn't want to get deported.

When I first presented my documents, I kept my passport open at the H1B stamp page so that the officer would admit me using my valid H1B visa.

I didn't actually present my AP/EAD card to the immigration officer. My EAD/AP card was hidden in a pocket of my passport case/coverShe dug it out of there when she was inspecting my passport and then said that she was now obligated to use it to admit me. I was informed that since my AOS application was pending and because I had a valid AP, I could not use my H1B visa anymore
    I informed her that I wouldn't like to use my AP/EAD card and that I needed to use my valid H1B visa to enter the country. I also escalated the matter twice to two of her supervisors but I got the same answer.

I had plans to get married outside the country and admit my spouse into the country on a dependent H4 visa without any considerable delay. What does my parole entry do to my plans now? - Can I still keep my H1B status? Was I misguided by the immigration officers? If so, what can be done to remediate? Please address my situation with priority at your earliest convenience.​

Since you are inside USA now, file for extension of your H1B & once approved, you'll again be back on H1 status.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X