No announcement yet.

EAD Renewal Pending - Continue to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD Renewal Pending - Continue to work?

Hi,

My EAD/Advance Parole combo card is set to expire in September 2023. I'll be applying for the renewal of my EAD Card however, with the current processing times of 11-15 months, I don't think I'll get it in time. Can I continue to work while my EAD Renewal is pending? Also, is it possible to travel outside of the country while the EAD Renewal is pending?

Thanks!

Assuming that this is a category C09 EAD (i.e. for pending AOS), yes, your work authorization is automatically extended for 540 days from the date the EAD expired, if you applied to renew it before it expired. The renewal receipt serves as proof of this 540-day extension.

Yes, you can travel outside the US while the EAD renewal is pending.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Yes, it is a C09 EAD Category! Does the renewal receipt also serve as a proof for entering back into the country? Or Do I need to file a different request that grants me the entry into the US?

Comment

Originally posted by npmodi1209 View Post
        Yes, it is a C09 EAD Category! Does the renewal receipt also serve as a proof for entering back into the country? Or Do I need to file a different request that grants me the entry into the US?
        No. You need Advance Parole to be able to be able to re-enter the US.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X