Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I work on w2 if my EAD has been approved

Hi,

I am currently on a TN visa, and my employer has filed for my green card. My application for an EAD has been approved. I'm curious to know if I can work on a W2 for another employer with this EAD approval.​

thanks

Have you received the EAD? Otherwise how can you complete the I-9 when you start work?

You can work on EAD. It will violate your TN status, but you will be able to continue to stay in the US since you have a pending I-485, and you can continue to work since you have an EAD. Will you still be working for the employer that petitioned you?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Have you received the EAD? Otherwise how can you complete the I-9 when you start work?

You can work on EAD. It will violate your TN status, but you will be able to continue to stay in the US since you have a pending I-485, and you can continue to work since you have an EAD. Will you still be working for the employer that petitioned you?

I have received approval notice from the USCIS site, and according to the site, I should receive my EAD card within two weeks.

I plan to continue working for the employer who filed my green card petition, but I also want to start working on a second project using the EAD. I need guidance on whether this is allowed.

Please advise.​

Comment

?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X